Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Service Engine Soon Light Forums > > Service Engine Soon Light Service Engine Soon Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 PM

2003 Altima 2.5 SL

Default Service Engine Soon Light

Hi, the Service Engine Soon light came on in my 2003 Altima 2.5SL. I checked the fuel cap as it said in the owner's manual and it appears to be fine.

I was wondering if it happens to be too much water in the gas tank due to bad gas and I use a water replacer additive would the light go out if the problem corrects itself or do I have to get it reset by a Nissan Technician even if the problem is corrected?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You need to find out first what is the code. Go to your nearst auto parts store and have them check the codes for you, they usualy do it for free. With the code you can find out exactly what the problem is.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM

2003 Altima 2.5 SL

Hi, thanks for the info. I went to the dealer and the codes they pulled was P0335 crank sensor and P0725 eng speed signal.

The dealer changed the crank sensor and everything was working fine for a day but the engine service light came on again.

The car seems to be working fine since they changed the crank sensor and then about 5 days later the service engine went out. I called the dealer and they said it might be another code coming up now but if it is the crank sensor they will warranty the part. Hopefully it stays out since I had to pay for the crank sensor and they will probably charge me to dump the codes again :):censored:

I saw another thread with some people having the same issues. Is this common?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Yes, the crank sensor problem is common. There is recall for some 2003 altima, you should check if your altima fall in the VIN range. Here is the recall: VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA AND SENTRA WITH QR25DE ENGINE CRANK ANGLE SENSOR / ECM REPROGRAMMING
Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 PM

2003 Altima 2.5 SL

Hi, my vehicle does fall in that range. I had the ecm re-programmed back in Oct 2006. So it appears in that bulletin I'm not eligible for a refund since I had the crank sensor replaced after the ecm was re-programmed. Would I have any type of argument? I'm surprised my dealer didn't bring this up. It appears to me it's a fault on Nissan's end but proving it would be tough probably. Thanks for the info.

Tags
engine, light, service