Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Altima Sedan Technical Information, Manuals, Bulletins and Recalls/Campaigns. Forums > > Nissan Altima Sedan Technical Information, Manuals, Bulletins and Recalls/Campaigns. Nissan Altima Sedan Technical Information, Manuals, Bulletins and Recalls/Campaigns.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM

2004 Altimaa

Let's assume that clearing my browser cookies will work. However it does not work TODAY because your computer program knows that a given registered user has downloaded ANYTHING, including the message, 82.html, which only says (wrongly) that I have already downloaded something on this day. That's true for me on this day because I already made a download attempt BEFORE I cleared cookies. Even a user that correctly guesses (as I had) that one must clear cookies, has to be a qualified detective to realize that one must clear cookies BEFORE attempting download because the program is not programmed to know the difference between a download of what nissan file the user intended to download, and a diagnostic that the user gets from the program because the program failed to clear cookies (as is reported) when one is logged off.

My problem may be because I have been using Safari Mac browser, and your program may be able to clear cookies on more common browser types. Also your program has failed to make an exception when the only download the users gets is a system diagnostic.

I suspect I can make this download arrangment work by FIRST clearing browser cookies at beginning of a given day, probably just the Nissan cookies. I may need to avoid Safari for this task. I'll try the various permutations over the next few days, and let you know what it takes for me to make this work.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 AM
PatrickCooley

Default Can't access service manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
We have just added the entire service manual in one folder for 2003-2005 Nissan Altima. The manuals are available for subscribed members only and are compressed with WinRAR. You have to uses WinRAR to decompress the files; you can get the program free from here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

The manuals are here: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local....php?catid=421

Do you have to be a paying subscriber to get these I can't seem to even click on it to download and I've downloaded the WinRAR Archiver maybe I'm downloading the wrong version which one should I download? Or do I need to be a paying subscriber?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCooley View Post
Do you have to be a paying subscriber to get these I can't seem to even click on it to download and I've downloaded the WinRAR Archiver maybe I'm downloading the wrong version which one should I download? Or do I need to be a paying subscriber?
If you want to download a "complete" manual (all sections) - yes, you must Subscribe. If you want to download "individual" Sections - you can download one a day.

Hope this helps!

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 09-26-2007, 10:39 AM

2004 Altimaa

Default downloading service manual PDF chapters individually

I previously wrote that I would report back on the problem with downloading the separate PDF Service Manual chapters, with use of a Machintosh Safari Browser. I finally learned that one can predictably use Mac Safari, if one is careful to manually remove the Nissan cookies before downloading, and if one does NOT right click and download, but instead clicks or double clicks the jump/244/82 file, which has the unexpected consequence in Safari of actually downloading the PDF to desktop. This peculiarity may be common to all Mac browsers or only to Mac Safari.

Then I tested downloading Service Manual PDF chapters in PC IE7, where I find that these so-called PDF files are not (i.e. do not point directly to) really PDF URL. Instead they are named 82.html jumps to a scorekeeper someplace, keeping track of whether the user has downloaded zero or at least one of ANY NissanHelp file (PDF chapter or not) on a given day. Downloads in Internet explorer on PC include selecting 82.html file, or opening (as opposed to downloading) that file inside a browser. That is, By using browser IE7 on PC, I also find that one can easily "use up" the one chapter per day download limit, by selecting the html file in some way other than choosing download.

In order to learn about this jump file, I inspected the 82.html file properties from a PC Internet Explorer browser, which I learn has following parameters:

Properties, General "82" is actually 82.html (this per Macintosh)

Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol

Type: COM/FORUMS/KNOWLEDGEBASE/JUMP/244/82

Address URL: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowl...se/jump/244/82

One must make exactly the right selection in the right sequence to get these PDFs for free, which couild be a problem. A more trouble-free download option would be preferable. I am not completely sure at this writing that I have described the various permutations with complete accuracy. I have tested with both PC and with Mac for other browsers as well. Keeping track of how the "jump" file behaves for various browsers and platforms can get mixed up. The limited description above is probably right, and the variables are right.

However, with diligence, getting the single chapter PDFs for free is possible, and the price is right. Being able to download these free Service Chapters biases me noticeably toward buying another Nissan.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
BJ_02Altima3.5

I paid for a subscription. Closed MSIE. Cleared my cookies. Came back to the site and I'm getting the max downloads reached message. What's going on?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ_02Altima3.5 View Post
I paid for a subscription. Closed MSIE. Cleared my cookies. Came back to the site and I'm getting the max downloads reached message. What's going on?
Your check has not cleared yet. It usually takes 2-3 days.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
BJ_02Altima3.5

thanks for the quick update.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:49 AM
wallybidney

I just downloaded the electronic controls manual for a 1997 ultima but it will not open, is there a trick to this?
Wally
Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybidney View Post
I just downloaded the electronic controls manual for a 1997 ultima but it will not open, is there a trick to this?
Wally
What program are you trying to open it with?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
2004 Altima

Default No workie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Since yesterday all the Altima service manuals from 1994 to 2005 are ready for download.

Once again, the manuals can be found here: The manuals are here: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local....php?catid=421

Well, I see the manual for my 2004 Altima, but there's an "Access Denied" icon by the title. I am registered and it shows I have 2 file downloads available. Please advise.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

naw u have to subscribe to the site and u will be able to download it. here is the link http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/payments

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
jmartin05Alt

Default Great stuff

Awsome!!

Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 06:26 AM
2010 Altima

Not sure if this is where to post this ?, but how do I get CVT's Ds (Drive sport) mode activated in my '10 Altima 2.5 S (SL pkg)? The manual & Quick Ref Guide both state to move shift lever from Drive to left into shift gate. When I do that, D indicator light immediately changes to M, not Ds (Drive sport). Same thing happens when I move lever back to right (D) then left again (M appears, NOT Ds). Am I doing it wrong??
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
jgotinga

I just got a 2.5 Altima 2005 Model. Seems my battery is almost dead so I'd like to replace it. Can I use maintainance free battery? Why is the original battery not maintenance free?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
GR60

Is there a manual that covers the HVAC system for a 2007 Altima?
Closed Thread

Tags
sedan