Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ECU failure Forums > > ECU failure ECU failure
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

I also went to a nissan dealer near me and he basically told me the same things that you had said almost to a tee. You are right on in your analysis.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:57 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default no sucess

SIA Electronic returned the CPU and said there is nothing internally wrong with the computer. I still cannot communicate with the CPU and there is no SES light that comes on when the ignition key is turned to the on position.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:08 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Well I have the CPU back from the repair company and they say that there is nothing wrong with the CPU it is working as it should. I installed the CPU and there is still no SES light after turning the key to the on position. Not able to communicate with CPU through OBD2 port.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:19 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Problem solved

I believe what happened is that I lost two grounds to the motor as a result of corrosion. That problem damaged the CPU and the IPDM. Repairing the two grounds before the CPU was returned repaired did not fix the problem. Going to a junk yard and replacing the IPDM fixed the problem. I had noticed different electrical issues like the turn signal chime being very low in volume and the key left in the ignition chime would work and other times not work. The loss of motor grounds I believe was causing those issues too. Thank you for all your help. My next task is to replace a blown head gasket.

Tags
ecu, failure