Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Light flashed after replacing driver airbag - HELP Forums > > Light flashed after replacing driver airbag - HELP Light flashed after replacing driver airbag - HELP
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-07-2017, 09:09 AM
2011 Altima Sedan

Default Light flashed after replacing driver airbag - HELP

I have an altima coupe that was in a front accident. i replaced the front crash sensor with a new one, and i sent out the seat belts and airbag ecu for repair. i then connected the seat belts, installed the front sensor and then the airbag ecu before starting the car. the codes went away, i drove the car without the driver airbag until i was able to buy one later, and the wires were expose (open). someone told me i should not have driven the car like this because now the airbag ecu will store a hard date code, and will be to re flashed again. is this true ?i also installed a new clock spring, so i can rule out the clock spring. the only thing i can think of is indeed i may need to get the airbag ecu re flashed again or i might have to check my connection again, but when i connected everything i did listen for the snaps to ensure it indeed connected well.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:31 PM
2015 Rogue

You should be able to erase the codes if everything is working properly. Turn the ignition on and watch the airbag light. As soon as it goes off turn the ignition off. Do that about 4 times and the codes should clear.

Tags
airbag, driver, flashed, light, replacing