Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 Altima SV - cold air Forums > > 2016 Altima SV - cold air 2016 Altima SV - cold air
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-06-2017, 09:42 AM
2016 Altima Sedan

Thumbs down 2016 Altima SV - cold air

I purchased this vehicle three weeks ago. It is now 20 degrees out and when using my defrost/floor board heater there is a bit of cold air that is coming in. This should not be normal.

Yesterday, I took it into the shop where they said everything is fine even though they too felt the cold air.

Apparently, they checked out other Altima's on the lot and they also are blowing cold air when the vehicle is warm.

Their reasoning:
1) It is cold out - (there is no reason cold air should be coming inside my vehicle, as NO other car I have owned has had this occur)
2) This is just how this year and model is made - (again, I have my temperature up to 90, I shouldn't be feeling chilly on my legs in a 3 week old car)

Does anyone else own this vehicle? If yes, do you have this problem?
Thank you!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

It's normal to have cold air if the defroster is ON. The defroster switch turns ON the A/C compressor. Since the fog on the windshield is caused by the humidity inside your vehicle, running the A/C will dry out the air to reduce the fog.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2005 Altima

I would say that is not normal.
My 2 altimas dont have that issue. of course they are not the same year as yours.
one is 03, other is 05.
Maybe something that is going to be common among that current year. I suggest you determine exactly where the cool air is coming out of.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I have that same issue on my 2006 and 2008 Pathfinders.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Enthusiast
2011 Altima Sedan
2011 Altima 2.5s

Default at 20 degrees outside

My 2011 altima thows out the heat but at 20 degrees it takes about 8 - 10 minutes of driving to get there. Make sure the defrost is off and just the floor heat is on. Crack a window.
If after 15 minutes of driving you still feel cold air, then the air conditioner is running.
My wife turns on the air conditioner in the car by mistake all the time in the winter. lol
In that new of a car I really doubt anything is wrong with the cooling system which operates the in cabin heater/fan.
As for the people at the dealership ... if they were sales people .... well ???? another story lol good luck honey.

Tags
2016, air, altima, cold