Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions Forums > > Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-02-2017, 02:31 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Default Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions

I'm looking to replace the front exhaust tube on my 2008 2.5S sedan and have a couple of questions.

1. It looks like there are two O2 sensors on the car, one on the exhaust manifold and one at the front end of the front exhaust tube. On my front exhaust tube I have a sensor of some sort at the back end of the tube as well as the front. Is this a third O2 sensor? If not, what is it?

2. Looking at the studs that mount the exhaust tube onto the exhaust manifold and I'm pretty confident that I will destroy them if I try to take them apart. Are those studs available by themselves or do I have to get them with the exhaust manifold?

3. I'm trying to find part numbers for all these parts and am coming up empty. Is there a diagram with part numbers so I know what I'm asking for?

4. How essential is it to get CARB compliant parts if I'm not in CA or NY? I highly doubt that I'll be driving to CA but I can see myself driving through NY.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

1. Yes, it's the third sensor
2. Spray WD40 to the nuts before removing, you should be able to remove the nuts without damaging the studs. In case you need the studs, you can get them by itself.
3. You can find the exact part number and price here: https://parts.nissanusa.com/
4. If you don't register in NY or CA, then you don't need it.

Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Front Exhaust Tube/Catalytic Converter Questions-capture-png  
Old 01-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

CARB compliant converters are only an issue if you have a vehicle that is registered and inspected in California or New York State; where you drive your car does not matter as to whether you have a C.A.R.B. certified converter. Walker offers both C.A.R.B. compliant and non-compliant catalytic converters and they are a lot less expensive than the genuine Nissan counterparts. You can get them from Rockauto.com at a good price. If you need oxygen sensors, you can get NTK sensors at Rockauto, as well; NTK is the OE supplier to Nissan.

For genuine Nissan part #'s and diagrams, I use www.NissanPartsDepot.com where you can look up your parts by VIN#.

Tags
converter, exhaust, front, questions, tube or catalytic, tube/catalytic