Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Car running @2000 RPM when it was in park mode Forums > > Car running @2000 RPM when it was in park mode Car running @2000 RPM when it was in park mode
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 11-10-2016, 11:35 AM
2012 Altima Sedan

Default Car running @2000 RPM when it was in park mode

Need help regarding my Nissan 2012 Altima causing multiple issues these days.

1) 10 days back I found my car running [MENTION=245679]2000[/MENTION] RPM when it was in parking mode and keep on fluctuating between 1500 to 2000 RPM. Even when I am driving car tries to jump forward with out pressing Gas pedal (That's Scary) later I took to the Nissan certified Service center and they charged me $380 to get that diagnostics and repair done. But I have an extended Power train warranty, will this cover under that warranty???

2) After the service done with the dealer car ran into different issues now I can't start the car I tried to press multiple times the push button and it never started. I towed the car to service center again they are saying engine will get flooded if you press multiple times. I still can't understand then why the heck they used this push button start then may be I am old school like the Key ignition . But seriously I don't know what to do with my 54K miles driven 4 and half year old Nissan altima now.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:01 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Answer to your question
#1. I don't know what your extended power train warranty covers or doesn't cover. You should know this things. Try read your documentation.

#2. Is the "Service Engine Soon" light illuminated. If so, have the computer scan for trouble codes. If light is not on, have your battery checked. Ask your friends for referral for a repair shop and have your car towed there instead of that dealership.

Tags
@2000, car, mode, park, rpm, running