Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
rpm drop and jump when I let off gas and car jerks while shifting Forums > > rpm drop and jump when I let off gas and car jerks while shifting rpm drop and jump when I let off gas and car jerks while shifting
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-08-2016, 06:47 AM
2004 Altima Sedan

Default rpm drop and jump when I let off gas and car jerks while shifting

Hello,
I got a nissan altima 2004 , 2.5S. When I let off gas the rpm drops quickly as you can see on the youtube video below, and bounce a lot. Also the car jerks on acceleration and deceleration mainly from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1. It looks the transmission has delayed shifting ... I have no idea what is going on, I have searched the net a lot but I could not figured it out yet ... I'm not sure but I think I have this problem after I changed my alternator... Nissan would charge 100$ just to diagnose the problem... Appreciate it if you can help me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Sl9RpDM78&ebc=ANyPxKpvSudxhRt_Mhrt9S_Dd2 LdPFP_J0VSdeUS5fuYz5YTkJtG84mowTl5NaVzZw17S6qZaxf1 V0serwjLw7diRRGL_ajxLA
Old 06-26-2016, 11:18 AM
2004 Altima Sedan

I'm not 100% sure about this. Since it looks like you don't have any codes on, I want to say that I might be your Transmission Control Module. I would say to go to nissan to get it checked, but like you say on your post they want to charge a good chuck to have the car looked at. If I read right they are plug and play. Again, this is just a guess.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:00 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

If MIL is on, scan computer for trouble code(s). If you're not DIY do testing or diagnostics you have no choice but to pay someone for diagnostics and repair.b talk to a Nissan dealer and ask their per hour labor charge. Ask for one hour of diagnostics. Talk to an independent repair shop and compare cost.

Tags
car, drop, gas, jerks, jump, rpm, shifting