Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima A/T shift lock up Forums > > 2005 Altima A/T shift lock up 2005 Altima A/T shift lock up
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 07:55 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
2005 altima

Question 2005 Altima A/T shift lock up

The A/T shift is stuck in Park or it does not go from D to R when I want to park the car. For the time being, I just shift it mannually by inserting a stick into the hole.

After some googling, I discovered 2 main reasons. One is the stop lamp switch,which works fine. The other is the ASCD brake switch according to this diagram.

Before I replace it, I would like to confirm I am on the right track.

Also, does anyone know the part number for this?

I did find one on rockauto for around 30 bucks.

Personally, I prefer OEM parts though.

Any input is very much appreciated.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:49 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
2005 altima

Talking

I have fixed the problem, It is the shift lock module, part # 28540-ZB000. You can buy a brand new from Amazon for 75 including shipping, or a tested used one for about 40 bucks on Ebay. I bought one directly pulled from a junked car on ebay for $9 including shipping and it worked.

Here are 2 links that helped me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79nlxBH-En0

http://www.altimaforums.net/05-altim...-t17817p2.html

Before you do it, make sure that your stop lights work. If not, check the fuse or the stop lamp switch first. Both worked in my case and my tranny shifts smoothly when I get it out of park manually.

Here are some prictures of my repair. It took an hour for the research, an hour to replace it and a lot of sweat on a damn hot day. It is worth it since my dealership wanted $125 just for the part, not to mention the labor to replace it.

Hope it helps.