Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Altima ... Water won't drain from door. Forums > > 2011 Altima ... Water won't drain from door. 2011 Altima ... Water won't drain from door.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-16-2016, 04:01 AM
Enthusiast
2011 Altima Sedan
2011 Altima 2.5s

Default 2011 Altima ... Water won't drain from door.

Sometimes after it rains or I wash the car, water gets in the door and won't drain on its own. It's usually one of the back doors and on rare occasions a front door. You can hear it sloshing around in there as you drive.
It appears that the black rubber strip at the bottom of the door is blocking the drain holes. If I open the door and pull the rubber away from the drain holes, the water gushes out and drains the door.
The really strange thing is that the door doesn't always accumulate water after a rain.
Is it possible that the power window is not cranking to the full up position? Would that matter anyway?
No water gets inside the car but only in the door.
Anyone ever experience this? I have searched the internet and it seems I am the only one with this problem.
I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Tags
2011, altima, door, drain, water