Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 47,000 miles Forums > > 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 47,000 miles 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 47,000 miles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
2011 Altima Sedan

Angry 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 47,000 miles

My AC is blowing hot air, I've taken to dealership and they want to charge me $125.00 just to tell me what's wrong. I take it to my neighborhood mechanic, they charged me 79.95. My point is I've written to Nissan, this is my 6th Nissan and have never had any problems with the AC. This car has 47,000 miles and I was told and have the estimate saying it needs a new compressor, evaporator and drier which will cost about $1400.00. Another mechanic told me it could just need Freon because this car only holds 18 ounces of freon and the compressor automatically shuts down if the freon gets low. In this case, it means I have a leak and all those other parts may not need replacing. I filed a complaint with Nissan and they pretty much told me SORRY. Who do you believe? And by the way, Nissan and my neighborhood mechanic have the same warranty, 1 year or 12, 000 miles....whichever comes 1st. For me, it would be 1 year. What is the deal with Nissan not standing behind their products? I know the car is out of warranty because I'm the original owner but, give me a break. This is a major repair and I think they are making "throw away" parts for their cars now.

Tags
000, 2011, altima, miles, nissan