Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Altima no start NATS issue Forums > > 05 Altima no start NATS issue 05 Altima no start NATS issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 PM
2005 Altima

Default 05 Altima no start NATS issue

Here's some history, I had the revving RPM issue after cleaning throttle body so I bought a new throttle body and took it to Nissan yesterday and they did the Main ECM recall reprogram on it and then the throttle body relearn and the car was fine. Fast forward to today and a new butterfly key that I got cut local locksmith and before I removed the chip from the old key I put the butterfly key in the ignition and tried to start. Needless to say it doesn't start and now won't start with the original key either. I looked online for the issue I have no codes yet. The NATS light is continuous when cranking so NATS is locked. How do I unlock to take it to the dealer and maybe tell them to reprogram? Or what else can I do? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

More than likely you have to tow it to the dealer, but you could try disconnecting the car battery for about 30 min or more, sometimes that resets the system.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:01 PM
2005 Altima

I did take it to the dealer, doesn't disconnecting it cause the car to loose the relearn for the throttle body?
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
I did take it to the dealer, doesn't disconnecting it cause the car to loose the relearn for the throttle body?
Yes, but by just turning the key ON and OFF it resets.

2002-2011 Nissan Altima Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning Procedure

Read more: 2002-2011 Nissan Altima Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning Procedure | Nissanhelp.com