Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 2.5S 3rd brake light Forums > > 05 2.5S 3rd brake light 05 2.5S 3rd brake light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 05:21 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
1998 Frontier King Cab

Default 05 2.5S 3rd brake light

One of my brake light bulbs is out in the brake light located in the rear glass. How do you get to the bulb in that light. I have considered taking it out because there is another one in the spoiler.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2005 Altima

my 05 has the cover in the place of the unit.
my 03 I installed a spoiler and removed the unit, Have yet to get a cover.
I found that most have no cover or unit that have a spoiler. The deck cover is solid.
It must be that dealer add on spoilers already had the third brake light so they removed the assembly and installed the flat cover.
As for how to change the bulb I believe you pull the assembly toward the seat back and it pops off, then the rest is self explanitory.
From experience, If someone has added the spoiler later on and it has a brake light, they likely cut the wires from the original and used it for the spoiler
Old 11-18-2015, 05:44 AM
2005 Altima Sedan
1998 Frontier King Cab

I had the spoiler installed at the dealer and the one in the rear glass still works. It must have 2 bulbs in it because the left side bulb is still working, both of them were still working after the spoiler was installed. Thanks for the info.
I had another problem, sometimes I could not get the gearshift to go past neutral to park or reverse. I took the consol apart and at that time, it was working fine. I removed the plastic linkage that locks out the gearshift in park and neutral. It was causing problems when I would park where I had to use reverse to get out and the gearshift would lockup. I do not know if it was the brake switch or the solnoid that operates the linkage but it never locked in park, just neutral.

Tags
2.5s, 25s, 3rd, brake, light