Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
09 Altima sedan Key light on dash Forums > > 09 Altima sedan Key light on dash 09 Altima sedan Key light on dash
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-04-2015, 11:21 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

Default 09 Altima sedan Key light on dash

Recently my front driver side door lock actuator went out, and I am planning on replacing it, the part is on the way.

I also noticed about the time the door lock actuator went out, the key light on the dash is on when I am driving the car. It turns off after I exit the car and lock it.

Troubleshooting:
Replaced both key fob batteries
Disconnected the car battery for about an hour and then reconnected.

Google is not giving me much help because everyone that has the dash key light on is saying their car wont start. Due to the steering lock issue. That is not the case for me. I unlock my car with they key manually, get in my car, put my foot on the brake and push the start button, fires up every time. They key light remains on the whole time I drive.

I am hoping the driver side door actuator has something to do with it, but figured I would post and see if anyone else has suggestions on this.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:24 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

Default Free Fix

I had this same problem earlier this week and I bypassed the steering lock system. First get a hold of the steering lock and unplug the harness. While the harness is unplugged, push the steering lock lever in, and plug the harness back in. Now push the start button and get the car in Accessories. Pull the steering lock fuse and now your car will start. You will be able to put everything back together with no problem, but don't plug the fuse back in. Only downside is that your steering wheel won't be able to lock. This trick just saved you over $600.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:22 PM
2009 Altima Sedan

My car starts fine now thought. It's just that the key light is always on while driving
Old 09-09-2015, 04:17 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

Replaced the driver door lock actuator, and the key light still remains the same.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

Any resolve to this issue?

Tags
altima, dash, key, light, sedan