Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Tired of throwing money at it... Forums > > Tired of throwing money at it... Tired of throwing money at it...
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-12-2014, 03:48 PM
2009 Quest
2002 Altima Sedan

Default Tired of throwing money at it...

Ok so... back story ....had a leaking head gasket for awhile, which led to a bank 2 clogged cat converter. So we redid the head gasket, machined n everything. It's not our first head gasket job so not concerned with that. Replaced the bank 2 cat, put it back together and it wasn't running quite right still, threw a new code driving down the freeway, p0420.

Do some research and check my o2 sensors, upstream was bulged out and actually had a hole in it ;\ Replaced both o2 sensors and my power on the freeway and everything has returned. I had a pending p0420 today while trying to complete the drive cycle on the freeway. So I'm going to replace the exh mani cat now too, which is fine cuz I had originally thought it should be replaced if bank2 was having issues as well.

Now here's my actual question/problem... Ever since putting it back together it hasn't liked to idle, it acts like it wants to die but never will actually die(idled it for 60mins to see if it would actually die) so I had already done the relearn procedures, I did them again just to make sure... still same thing idles fine but drops to 500-600 then goes back to normal. Is there a way to test my throttle body to see if we somehow banged it up when we did the head gasket? Car runs fine other then this idle issue and it's really frustrating because it makes me doubt the reliability of my otherwise very solid car.

Tags
cat, money, o2 sensor, p0420, rough idle, throwing, tired