Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
95 Altima, short, pulling stop light fuse clears Forums > > 95 Altima, short, pulling stop light fuse clears 95 Altima, short, pulling stop light fuse clears
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-29-2014, 09:35 AM

1995 Altima GXE

Default 95 Altima, short, pulling stop light fuse clears

My 95 Altima developed a short and after replacing the 4year old battery I've tried to locate the short.

It's in the battery fed circuit as pulling the 75 amp fusible link under the hood clears the short.

Pulling either of the ignition relays does not clear the short.

Pulling the stop lamp fuse clears the short.

Unplugging all tail lamp cables does not clear the short.

Aftermarket radio and keyless entry removed, short not cleared.

All plugs to the steering wheel except the key lock unplugged but short not cleared.

Flasher switch plug pulled but short not cleared.

Plug on brake switch pulled but short not cleared.

Removed the cruise control module.

Rat infestation, found turds on the battery top and in trunk but not in car but did find a bunch of plastic chips blue on black on floor of drivers side. But stop lamp wires are red and green.

Trying to remove the fuse block but not having success as although the strip with the air vent is removed I can't get to the top screws holding the fuse block in place.

When the battery is in place the short draws 1.8-2 amps.

Haynes manual says the fuse is #18 but counting down on the right and up on the left brings me to #19, a 15 amp fuse that the fuse cover says is the stop lamp fuse.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:02 AM

1995 Altima GXE

Default found the brake lamp switch not opening.

Where I was making my mistake was at the two switches on the steering column that actuate with the brake pedal. I had disconnected the wrong one. The more difficult to reach wasn't being depressed, I think because a rubber stopper that it makes contact with had deteriorated. It was that rubber plug that I found in pieces on the drivers floor.

Tags
altima, clears, fuse, light, pulling, pulling fuse opens short, short, stop