Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima 2.5s hard starting problem Forums > > 2005 Altima 2.5s hard starting problem 2005 Altima 2.5s hard starting problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 10-18-2013, 01:16 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Unhappy 2005 Altima 2.5s hard starting problem

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S. Car recently became hard to start. Code reader showed P0225, and P0335 engine fault codes. I replaced both cam sensor and crankshaft sensor and now only get the P0335 "faulty" Crankshaft Sensor code. I replaced the ECU with no luck and also replaced the fuel pump (electric motor only). Don't know if the car has "updated" ECU mapping from recall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ronco21
Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Double check your crankshaft sensor install. Be sure the connectors are locked and tight. If that's ok test your new crankshaft sensor, it could be DOA.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Thank you Sir. I originally replaced the Crankshaft sensor with a brand new metal one. The car had no change and was difficult to start. Identical symptoms to the plastic sensor. When I say difficult; it takes 3-4 cranks before it starts. I then purchased and installed a brand new metal Camshaft sensor and the car wouldn't start at all. I happen to have an 06 Altima that runs and starts fine so I installed both sensors (Cam & Crank) in my 05 Altima and I'm right back to square one with the difficult start problem. Also, both new sensors work in my 06 Altima. One other thing I tried was removing the air cleaner and spraying starting fluid directly into the intake and the car will start! I did double check the seating of the Crankshaft sensor as you suggested as well as the integrity of the connector connection. I'm baffled at this point. Any thing I might be missing here?

Tags
2005, 25s, altima, altima 2.5s, crankshaft sensor, hard, hard starting, p0335, problem, starting