Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
03 Altima Hard Shift Forums > > 03 Altima Hard Shift 03 Altima Hard Shift
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast

2009 Maxima

Default 03 Altima Hard Shift

03 Altima 3.5

Lets get an explanation from Nissan on this? I recently worked on a friends Altima that had driven the car until left rear pad had worn to the rotor. She also was experiencing severe banging of gears when shifting from Park to Drive or Drive to Reverse and while shifting during driving. Clearly the car needed rear rotors and pads. The left rear caliper had a slightly frozen pin which I was able to free up. After the brake repair I checked the tranny fluid and all looked good -level and fluid was not burnt. I decided to take the car for a drive to confirm shifting and brakes. The initial shift from Park to Drive resulted in a severe bang. So I went for the ride and within a quarter mile the transmission shifting became normal. The problem has not occurred since.

Could it be that Nissan has designed a car that will destroy the transmission if the customer allows the brakes to wear out? I think its a software hack in the traction control system. Wouldnt suprise me based on the software hackers who programmed my 09 Maxima transmission control.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 AM
G47

Have you checked the motor mounts on the car? if the car does not have shifting problems while driving, it could be a bad motor mount

Tags
altima, hard, shift