Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Whistle sound when engine turned off Forums > > Whistle sound when engine turned off Whistle sound when engine turned off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-27-2013, 10:17 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Whistle sound when engine turned off

Hello, guys,

Today I noticed a strange probable in my 2005 Altima 2.5 S, when I turn off the engine there is a whilst sound for a min or so, and eventually it goes away, I think it's coming from engine but not sure , any idea what could be creating this sound,

Regards
Old 07-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Does it make this sound every time you turn off the vehicle? Is it constant every time you turn off the vehicle or does it happen every other attempts when shutting down the vehicle? Have you tried popping the hood and having someone turn off the vehicle to pin point the location?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:40 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Hello,

Well I have tried what you suggested, and found out the sound is coming from the AC High and Low Pipes, and it comes whenever AC Compressor starts, it comes for a few secs and evataully goes away, and what I have found, it has no relation with the turning off the vehicle, its due to the AC compressor, if i dont turn on the AC then there is no sound,

Any further suggestion ?????
Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

If you have recently noticed this noise then your A/C Compressor or clutch is becoming worn and probably need servicing or replacement. I would first check with the dealer to see if there is any recalls on your vehicle before taking it into an independent shop to diagnose and give you a quote on what needs to be repaired or replaced. I'm sure it would be much cheaper to do that then to go straight to the dealership. Who knows, maybe your vehicle has a recall on the A/C Compressor, couldn't hurt to check that out first.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

yes, this sound started just a couple of days ago, before that there was no such sound. and "Recall on the A/C Compressor" means?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

It could also be a pulley issue that needs to be adjusted. Not sure if you would need to take a look at all of the pulley's or just the A/C Compressor. A recall on anything on your vehicle is free at charge for the repair or replacement. Hopefully someone here in the forum can assist you further soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Whistle sound when engine turned off-2008-03-17_072141_86349191-gif   Whistle sound when engine turned off-b61b438c-a394-498e-abf2-a626377a301d-800-jpg  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Thanks, appreciate your help, will update when I get any diagnosis from mechanic/ dealer ship.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:44 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAltima01 View Post
Does it make this sound every time you turn off the vehicle? Is it constant every time you turn off the vehicle or does it happen every other attempts when shutting down the vehicle? Have you tried popping the hood and having someone turn off the vehicle to pin point the location?
Hello I have a question because my 2005 Altima actually does makes the whilstle noise every time i shut off the engine. It constantly happens, every single I turn it off. Any clue what it could be exactly?

Tags
engine, sound, turned, whistle