Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1994 Altima Stalling Problem Forums > > 1994 Altima Stalling Problem 1994 Altima Stalling Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 AM
1994 Altima Sedan

Default 1994 Altima Stalling Problem

I have a 1994 Nissan Altima GXE with about 88,000 miles on it. When I used to drive it, it stalled randomly. While coasting down a street, it would suddenly shut down, and all of the lights would shut down as well. There was no check engine light, and when I went to a mechanic, he could not reproduce the stall. I do not want to spend a lot of money on this car, as it is old, but I do not want to get rid of it either, as the car has very few miles for its age and still looks very good. What would be a few things you guys would recommend checking out? The car has been sitting in my garage for about one year now and I would like to start using it again (I assume I will need to buy all new rubber things such as tires but that's okay). I had the distributor cap replaced about three years ago when it was full of oil. All help is appreciated.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Probably should start by looking into that distributor that you replaced several years ago. If there is any signs of oil or wear and tear, then you should try replacing it. When it comes to these distributors for your particular make and model of vehicle, you should always go with a top brand (Hitachi) and not aftermarket. Aftermarket brands always start giving issues and will need replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
1994 Altima Stalling Problem-28kgrhqv-rkfhoivoi3mbr7-ktp-qg-60_3-jpg  

Tags
1994, altima, problem, stalling