Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!! Forums > > 03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!! 03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default 03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!!

OK! ive posted on every nissan forum i have found thus far and i am hoping that someone here can help me....

Basic info- 03 altima base model 2.5L auto, third owner, previous damage (deer) some wiring "rewired" not sure where and what....

So I bought this car for 1000 knowing the SES light was on and the codes were all pertaining to either the throttle body or throttle position sensor.

P0122
P2135
P2138

These codes are still on. I have replaced both the throttle body and the Acceleration pedal TPS contraption. The codes have been cleared and come right back. While the car will drive normal 90% of the time, 10% of the time the problem is this: I will press on the accelerator and the car will rev to maybe 1500 tops. Sometimes this happens in the midst of driving... I will be driving along just fine and then power drops to barely nothing.

Originally in my ignorance of vehicle operations i figured the throttle plate was sticking, so i cleaned it and all that did was mess up the idle. I still had the same problem as before once in a while. So i took it to the local garage because i hate the thought of being charged 100$ for nothing right off the bat at the local nissan dealership. They swapped out the parts and tried the re-learns. Nothing.

It might be the wiring? I was wondering where i could get a wiring diagram that would show me how the wires run from the TB to the ECU?

Any input on what this might be would be very very useful. I have an appointment for the dreaded dealership on monday so please please help.

I have looked all over for answers as this appears to be a somewhat common problem. Thank you in advance!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

When i look up those codes i notice Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, Electric Throttle Control Actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2) and Throttle position sensor coming up as being faulty. It could also be due to a bad harness, but seeing that you have only replaced a few of the items listed in the codes, i would try the Actuator next. You can go ahead and put in the codes in the URL i posted below for more details. Hopefully someone could post the wiring diagram.

OBD2-OBDII Engine Light Trouble Codes Definitions, Description and Repair Information | Engine-Codes.com
Old 06-22-2013, 10:07 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAltima01 View Post
When i look up those codes i notice Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, Electric Throttle Control Actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2) and Throttle position sensor coming up as being faulty. It could also be due to a bad harness, but seeing that you have only replaced a few of the items listed in the codes, i would try the Actuator next. You can go ahead and put in the codes in the URL i posted below for more details. Hopefully someone could post the wiring diagram.

OBD2-OBDII Engine Light Trouble Codes Definitions, Description and Repair Information | Engine-Codes.com
i thought the actuator was part of the TB. I thought it was inside of the little black box on the side of the TB? if so i replaced the whole unit. i replaced the acc pedak and the acc pedal sensor. isnt that everything or am i missing something. btw thanks for answering me!!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Yes, you are correct about the Throttle Position sensors and the Actuator being part of the TB assembly. Either somehow one of the parts you have bought is bad or there is something going on with the wiring harness. So hopefully someone can upload the wiring diagram and the voltages. I have posted two images that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!!-2011-09-26_190420_capture-png   03 altima 2.5 TPS/TB HELP!!! ASAP!!!-2009-11-28_013948_1-jpg  

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 06-22-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default thanks

oh ok. dropped her off at the dealership today, hope its something cheap! thanks again for your help!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
2003 Altima Sedan

So got her back from the dealership a few days ago (same day i dropped it off). $345.62 later (2 hrs labor + $for wires) and it turned out to be corroded wires. So my advice is spend the 100 for a diagnostic @ the dealership. I know i might have got lucky but my sunroof started working, they did a relearn and 2 recalls that the moron before me never bothered doing one of which was the ecu relearn for too-rich fuel mixture! hope this helps someone someday.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:08 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

where did you get the wires? im in CA btw

Tags
altima, asap, tps or tb