Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'05 Nissan Altima won't start, won't crank, no power Forums > > '05 Nissan Altima won't start, won't crank, no power '05 Nissan Altima won't start, won't crank, no power
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
2005 Altima SE-R

Default '05 Nissan Altima won't start, won't crank, no power

I just bought a used 05 Nissan Altima 3.5SE it's got a bout 141k miles on it. Yesterday out of no where, absolutely no warning, I went to start my car and I stuck the key in, turned it and nothing happened. No clicking, just completely dead. No lights will turn on, the remote key won't even work. Then my key got stuck in the ignition, AAA came out thinking I needed a jump, they ran the tests on the battery/starter/alternator everything came up perfect and then my car started but I came to work and on lunch once again my car has absolutely no power and won't start, key not stuck in the ignition this time, but I don't know what to do. Anyone have an ideas??
Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

So did AAA jumped the battery or just did some test and then the engine started? you could have a loose connection at the battery or starter.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
2005 Altima SE-R

They did not jump the battery, they just ran the tests and then it was running. the battery was a tiny bit low like 11.3 or something in a 12 volt battery. I drove my car for like 30 min to recharge it. the battery has a very small amount of corosion on it. I don't know anything about cars so I will suggest to my step dad to check the connections.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Did the AAA guy explain to you the voltage readings for the battery and alternator? If your battery isn't keeping the charge, one or more cells inside the battery might be bad and might need to replace that battery. If your battery had 11.3v then you should still have lights and your remote key working, so NissanTech is probably right with what he mentioned regarding the loose connection.

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 03-27-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM
2003 Altima

Was all radio stations presets gone? Check neg ground cable it goes under battery tray and has a crimp on connector that grounds to body then to the transmisson.Possible corroded or loose......Replace if it has green/corrosion in wire strands or at crimp on connectors...

Last edited by tryduck; 04-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:52 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

I could have written this post as the same exact thing happened to me this morning with the same car. Except I did not call AAA. I just put the car in neutral and rolled back about a foot then tried it again and everything fired right up. All my presets were gone so I lost connection somewhere. This is really disturbing. I haven't even owned it a week yet.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:15 PM
2004 Altima SE-R
2003 Frontier

I am also fighting a short trip under 5 miles intermittent no crank hot soak issue, after a couple hours cooling off the car will start back up. It has done it twice 6 months apart.

It is a 3.5L automatic it almost acts like a security system issue but alarm dash light is not in fault state (steady light on) also tried with the other chipped key, and doesn't tie in with the cool off time.

Will a bad cranksensor cause a no crank?

Last edited by jkirk; 10-22-2020 at 03:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Tags
altima, crank, dead, nissan, power, start