Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
02 altima ac problem Forums > > 02 altima ac problem 02 altima ac problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
2002 Altima
2005 Altima

Default 02 altima ac problem

I have a 02 Altima 2.5 and twice had a dead battery for no apparent reason. Second time after jump starting the car I noticed that one of the AC lines was frosting up as if the AC was on. I turned the car off and disconnected the battery ground cable and notice a relay clicking every time I touched the cable to the negative post. The AC compressor seemed to be engaged when I started the car and I disconnected the compressor electrical connector and I have not had a dead battery since. Where would the relay for the AC be located that might cause the problem? Would a stuck relay even cause this? Thanks for any info that might help
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Yes, a stuck relay will drain the battery. Here is a diagram for the fuse box on a 2002 Altima that is located near your radiator reservoir. The A/C Relay is under lined in red.
Attached Thumbnails
02 altima ac problem-2009-09-24_220956_2002altimarelayac-jpg  

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 01-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Tags
altima, problem