Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Nissan Altima Blind Spot indicator Forums > > 2013 Nissan Altima Blind Spot indicator 2013 Nissan Altima Blind Spot indicator
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
2013 Altima

Default 2013 Nissan Altima Blind Spot indicator

Hello, we've had our new Nissan for just a few weeks. Tonight was the first time it's been raining. The left (drivers side) blind spot indicator light seemed to be malfunctioning, coming on and off with no cars in the left lane. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? I don't want to take it in the shop if it's simply wiping the camera off or something.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 AM
2013 Altima

That has happened many times to me as well. Apparently when it rains, small drops of water "hang" on the lip of the trunk area near the camera. Apparently they are diffusing the view of the camera and making it think there is a car in the blind spot. It happens on both sides for me. Once the water is gone, the warnings are again valid.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
2013 Altima

It happens so much with my car that I find the blind spot indicator totally unreliable. It not only activates when it is raining but afterwards - as long as the roads are wet I think due to the sensor being way too oversensitive due to glare/reflection from a wet road.

Tags
2013, altima, blind, blind spot, indicator, nissan, spot