Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'02 Nissan Altima OBD code # p1800 Forums > > '02 Nissan Altima OBD code # p1800 '02 Nissan Altima OBD code # p1800
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
2002 Altima

Question '02 Nissan Altima OBD code # p1800

I have a p1800 code (Variable Intake System Control Solenoid Valve Circuit) for my '02 Nissan Altima SE 3.5 Manual Trans. It is "missing" in 2nd and 3rd gear, burning fuel like crazy and exhaust smells of fuel when it's idling. I have the shop manual but I can't find anything about this or any part that may be replaceable. A auto shop said they need to do a diagnostic to find out what might be causing it. I understand the basics of auto mobile functions but I have no clue if this is what I need to do or if there are several possibile things that are causing this VIAS problem. The diagnostic is $50 to perform. Is this a part that can be fixed or replaced or is this just stating what is wrong so more tests are needed? I know, it's like going to the doctor expecting him to cure something without doing an exam or any testing. I'm disabled and my funds are just so limited I don't want to spend more than I need to to fix the problem. As much as I hate it but some auto shops still look at women crooked and if I don't know what I or they are talking about I don't trust what they say. Any help out there with an explanation?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve problem will not cause the shifting problem or the fuel consumption problem. You should better have the shop do the inspection.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

The VIAS Control Solenoid valve being faulty would cause your vehicle to run sluggish and would take more time to reach higher RPM's. I have posted a picture for this solenoid valve and hopefully the part isn't cheap, but as the other user has mentioned in this post, the symptoms could be from other problems. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
'02 Nissan Altima OBD code # p1800-2011-08-01_022246_vias_solenoid-jpg  

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 12-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

It is easy to replace the VIAS Solenoid Valve specially on your VQ engine as it is mounted on the intake manifold radiator side. Where as in the QR its on the firewall side. One hose to the vacuum tank and the other to the power valve actuator. Just be careful when removing the hose. Or give a squirt of WD-40 would help. For better pricing go to: nissanpartswarehouse.com. It should be under emission category.

Tags
altima, code, code p1800 2002 altima, nissan, obd, p1800