Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Crankshaft Position Sensor Forums > > 2005 Crankshaft Position Sensor 2005 Crankshaft Position Sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM
2005 Altima

Default 2005 Crankshaft Position Sensor

Hey,

Thanks to the forum's help I've been able to replace my CPS on my 2005 Altima 2.5L. The hardest part for me was the connector... PITA does not begin to summarize this thing. I fought with this for 3 days this week and I spent some time re-reading the instructions here and watching Youtube videos, but I still couldn't get it.

The trick that I found was that I was not pushing the right part of the connector. I found a picture of the connector here. The trouble is that I was pressing on the plastic too far back.

After that it was a breeze, because I had already gotten a smaller socket wrench. The long 10mm with 2" extension was perfect for the bolt.

The only thing I have to do now is go back to the auto parts store and reset the code.

In summary, you guys rock.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

If for some reason you have to go back in there, remove the sensor first by loosening the 10mm bolt with the harness connector still connected. When mounting bolt is loosen bring up sensor toward you and then you can disconnect the sensor from the harness connector. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:37 PM
2005 Altima

Yeah, I'll definitely do that. With the original sensor I couldn't get to the bolt without removing the connector. The clocking of the connector I put on is 180° from the factory sensor to allow it to be that easy.

Tags
2005, crankshaft, position, sensor