Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Touch Screen w/Nav turns off (blank) and on Forums > > Touch Screen w/Nav turns off (blank) and on Touch Screen w/Nav turns off (blank) and on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-18-2017, 07:16 PM
2015 Sentra

My screen was periodically just blacking out or shutting off and restarting. Today the whole thing crashed. It keeps trying to reboot. Keeps saying system update failed and does a countdown to shutdown and comes back on and does it again on a constant loop. Has anyone else had this experience? I was on vacation driving back home halfway through an eleven hour drive. Thank goodness I had my phone for gps and a Bluetooth speaker to listen to in my car!
Old 10-21-2018, 06:05 PM
2005 Xterra
2013 Altima Sedan

2013 Altima When I started my car the Nissan logo would appear on the touch screen for one second and then blank out leaving me with no radio, navigation, rear camera, or Bluetooth. The Nissan logo would come up each time but then blank out like it wanted to reboot itself, but never did. Couldn't find anything on the forums that matched my exact problem so took it to the dealer. They said it was "suspected internal failure of the A/V unit" replacement would be $5250 plus tax (CDN). Needless to say I went online an purchased a used one for $278 and I installed the unit in about an hour and a half.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:50 PM
2013 Altima Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronorca View Post
2013 Altima When I started my car the Nissan logo would appear on the touch screen for one second and then blank out leaving me with no radio, navigation, rear camera, or Bluetooth. The Nissan logo would come up each time but then blank out like it wanted to reboot itself, but never did. Couldn't find anything on the forums that matched my exact problem so took it to the dealer. They said it was "suspected internal failure of the A/V unit" replacement would be $5250 plus tax (CDN). Needless to say I went online an purchased a used one for $278 and I installed the unit in about an hour and a half.
Mine is doing the exact same thing. The first couple of weeks you could turn the car off and back on and it would reboot. Now it just shuts off. I've tried everything. So you just bought a used radio, installed it and that was it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping that will be all I need to do. I have found a bunch online, but didnt want to buy one until I was sure that was it.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:09 AM
2013 Altima Sedan

Mine is doing the exact same thing. The first couple of weeks you could turn the car off and back on and it would reboot. Now it just shuts off. I've tried everything. So you just bought a used radio, installed it and that was it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping that will be all I need to do. I have found a bunch online, but didnt want to buy one until I was sure that was it.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:23 AM
2005 Xterra
2013 Altima Sedan

Default 2013 Altiima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgamble07 View Post
Before I bought a used one I watched a YouTube video on how to remove the touchscreen\radio to make sure I could remove all the trim which I was and took note of the model number so I could make sure I was buying an exact replacement. The removal of the trim was a bit tricky, passenger side came of easy, drivers side a bit more difficult but the touchscreen removal was easy enough with 5 or 6 plugs on the back that were no problem. To be honest I wasn't going to hold my breath on this but when I started the car it booted up and the GPS found where I was and the radio worked, I was very pleased to have been able to fix this issue at a reasonable cost, good luck

Tags
blank, nav, screen, touch, turns, w or nav