Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2009 Altima both rear floor mats are wet Forums > > 2009 Altima both rear floor mats are wet 2009 Altima both rear floor mats are wet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 AM
2009 Altima

Default 2009 Altima both rear floor mats are wet

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima and recently was away for the weekend, most of this time I was driving with the a/c on. One day one of my granddaughters said Pap did you spill water on the floor mat.
I got out and looked and both driver and passenger side rear floor mats were soaked with water. The girls had sneakers on and it was so bad that their feet got soaked when they were sitting there.
This car is kept in the garage and had not been driven in rain for several months, so I assume this water came from the a/c Is there a drain hose for the a/c that may be closed and where can I find it?
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
2015 Rogue

When is the last time the cabin filter was replaced?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 AM
2009 Altima

The cabin filter has never been replaced. The car only has 12,500 miles on it. My wife usually drives this car and we use it several times a year to drive from PA to NC to visit our son.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM
2009 Altima

I found a drain tube by opening the right side of the console. There was a rubber drain tube that was clogged after opening the tube the water now drains out of the a/c instead of running under the carpet. I have attached a picture of the tube.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Altima both rear floor mats are wet-img_2278-jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy9 View Post
I found a drain tube by opening the right side of the console. There was a rubber drain tube that was clogged after opening the tube the water now drains out of the a/c instead of running under the carpet. I have attached a picture of the tube.
Good lick !
Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 PM
2015 Rogue

Change the cabin filter. After you remove it run the blower fan for a minute with the filter out. It should blow the debris out through the cabin filter opening. You need to get it cleaned out so it doesn't plug the drain again.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:35 PM
2009 Altima Sedan
2012 Altima Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy9 View Post
Do you know where exactly on the console that is do you have to remove the glovebox

Tags
2009, altima, floor, mats, rear, wet