Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Nissan Altima Problems Forums > > 2013 Nissan Altima Problems 2013 Nissan Altima Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM
2009 Altima

Default 2013 Nissan Altima Problems

I just purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5SV with Convienience and Navigation package. I have noticed only one minor problem so far...the car is fantastic and runs great but every once in a while, when I push the start button it, it may take 2 to 3 sec to start...noticably longer than my 2009 Altima 2.5S I traded in...wondering if this car is set by tyhe factory to run too lean on cold start.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 AM
2009 Altima

Default Update to previous post

This hasn't happened again in the last 2 days...maybe just a fluke...LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dribb le:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:00 AM
2013 Altima
2011 Murano

Default Same Situation

The same thing has happened to my 13 altima about four times since I purchased it in July! Im not sure what it is. I had battery and starter checked and everything comes out fine. Also car is making a slight whistling noise at low speeds. I still have to get that checked out.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
2013 Altima

Hello - new user here! I, too, have had issues with my 2013 Altima 2.5S starting. For lack of better description, it seems like it's "loading up" when it starts. Most of the time it starts normally, but sometimes it cranks for quite some time before it fires. It did this yesterday, and I just gave the gas pedal a tap an it fired up. Dealer said it was related to "short trips" (like pulling out of the garage, shutting it off then starting shortly afterward), but I can drive 5-10 miles and this happens. Also... I've been having issues with the display just for the audio come up blank after starting. I haven't contacted the dealer about this yet, but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues. Love the car, but I hope I didn't jump the gun, as I traded in my 2011 Altima to buy this one!
Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
2013 Altima Sedan

Default Problems with starting Nissan Altima 2013

I bought my Altima new about 6 months ago. In the past 3 months I have had problems starting the engine. Sometimes it starts fine, other times it has to crank for a while before it finally starts and last week it didn't start at all. I had it towed to the dealership and they were able to start it, checked it out and said they couldn't find anything wrong. I am really concerned about electrical failure. I spent alot of money on this vehicle to have it develop electrical problems this early.

Also, my passenger air bag light comes on when someone is sitting in the passenger seat, telling me the airbag is NOT activated. At my last service visit I was told that this was "fixed", but it has happened again....

Apparently the ignition problems are not isolated. Nissan needs to address.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
2013 Altima

I've seen something about a recall on the passenger airbag sensor, but I guess Nissan hasn't officially sent out a service bulletin yet. I'm taking the car in for an oil change this weekend. When I made the appointment, I told the service guy the issues I've been having (starting, audio display on the instrument panel). I guess the plan is to make another appointment where they can keep the car for the day and go through it to see if they can find the source of the problems. I like the car, but not real confident about it. Had two other Altimas before with little or no problems.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast
2013 Altima Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyo66 View Post
Hello - new user here! I, too, have had issues with my 2013 Altima 2.5S starting. For lack of better description, it seems like it's "loading up" when it starts. Most of the time it starts normally, but sometimes it cranks for quite some time before it fires. It did this yesterday, and I just gave the gas pedal a tap an it fired up. Dealer said it was related to "short trips" (like pulling out of the garage, shutting it off then starting shortly afterward), but I can drive 5-10 miles and this happens. Also... I've been having issues with the display just for the audio come up blank after starting. I haven't contacted the dealer about this yet, but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues. Love the car, but I hope I didn't jump the gun, as I traded in my 2011 Altima to buy this one!
Thanks in advance for any info!
Had the same problems plus more. My Altima hesitated on start up several times and the screen went black when I have to screen set to music. Whining noise, drumming noise, slapping noise when brakes are applied, fuel slosh/clonking noise (when tank is full) and finally, rubber burnt smell. Took me countless hours of driving back and forth to the dealership. Filed complaints after complaints, first with Nissan Consumer Affairs, then BBB and finally the MD General Attorney's Complaint Division office. Dealer replaced the rear brake pads but really didn't solve the slapping or drumming noise. Even had a Nissan Tech come out to inspect the vehicle. Only problem he fixed was dampen the whining noise which can still be slightly heard. For five months I drove miserably in the vehicle. Finally decided to cut my loss and traded in the vehicle for a Honda Sport. Couldn't be happier. I wish Nissan would've done a better job and handling their consumer complaints. Been a loyal Nissan customer for 20 years and this last experience has been such a big disappointment.

Tags
2013, altima, nissan, problems