Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 altima questions on repairs.. help this lady out :) Forums > > 2004 altima questions on repairs.. help this lady out :) 2004 altima questions on repairs.. help this lady out :)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM
2004 Altima

Question 2004 altima questions on repairs.. help this lady out :)

Hi guys! I'm new to the nissan world just bought my first one and I love her! A couple questions though because when I bought this car I had a pre purchase check up at the nissan dealership. First thing I need is a motor mount on the right side, now the dealer quoted me about $525. I have a friend who is a hobbyist mechanic and he has a engine lift is this an fairly simple DIY project? Is the dealership quote high? Second question is the right side view mirror needs to be replaced but the shell is still intact and I can hear the motor work when I use the switch inside but the mirror doesnt move, can i just replace the inner workings of a side view mirror without buying the shell? Thanks for your help :)
Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Enthusiast
1995 Maxima
2002 Altima
1997 Maxima GLE

There are many threads on this site concerning the replacement of motor mounts. They can be purchased on Ebay, a whole set for around $125. The top one near the passenger side front is notorious for going bad. I don't know what the book time is on the job but for some reason I'm remembering 4 hours for all of them.

As for the mirror, replacements can be found on Ebay as well although it may not be the color of your car. Yes, the insides can be removed from one and put in the other as long as you are careful in doing it. I doubt you can buy the inner workings separately.
2012 Altima (daughter - replaced 2002 with 8 miles, now with almost 30,000 miles)
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

The RH (passenger) side is the easiest to replace on QR25 (4 cyl.). If you have VQ35 (6 cyl.) engine might be a little different. You need to remove the coolant reservoir and the coolant bracket. If you have a u-joint socket adapter you may not have to uninstall and set to the side the IPDM. I replaced with Anchor brand from rockauto.com ($52.xx including shipping). As for the RH view mirror, try aaaparts.com, a salvage place and ebay seller. I bought from them a power steering pump pulled from 03 Altima and using it now while I rebuild the original pump. If you want Nissan, try nissan4parts.com, or nissanpartswarehouse.com.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast
2005 Xterra
2006 Altima
2005 Xterra

$525 is high. Should be able to have it done for $300 or less. Your friend can probably do it without the hoist.

Tags
2004, altima, lady, questions, repairs