Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Altima push start not working Forums > > 2010 Altima push start not working 2010 Altima push start not working
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
cdublin

Default 2010 Altima push start not working

I'm having an issue with my push start button. I tried pushing it like 15 times and the dashboard lights up but the engine does not start up. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima

It's probably your brake switch. Check to see if your brake lights come on when you step on the pedal. If they don't, replace the switch.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Also check the fuses as well for your brake lights. But brake switches are a common problem.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
mwalker2005

There is a sensor at the brake pedal i called the nissan dealership with the same problem with my wifes car there exact words were stomp the break 3 or times hard after i did that i was able to start car right up! As crazy as it sounds! I took it to them an they replaced it for me since its under warranty.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM
2010 Altima Sedan

Wink

I had same issue. Could not press on brake, and steering wheelbwas locked. Lights worked, radio worked, ac worked. But I gave it a jump and it fixed the problem instantly. Thankful it was only a battery issue!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Lckyctch

My 2010 Altima started fine today but as I drove from my house something felt funny and realized my brakes were hanging up and smelled hot brake pads. I pulled over and noticed the ABS light, VDC and maybe the slip light were on. I lifted the brake pedal up with my foot and felt the brakes unlock and was able to drive home. Once home I tried to restart and now no cranking/starting and no brake lights when brake pedal is pressed. Also the brake pedal is not travelling down as far as usual. Seems like it could be the brake light switch but could it fail in such a way as to lock up all the brake pads?? Also, I just had the rear brakes and rotors done last week. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima
2005 Armada
2005 Armada Le

Brake light switch as others have said is a likely culprit.

Tags
2010, altima, push, start, working