Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Key Replacement Forums > > Key Replacement Key Replacement
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 09:55 AM
helmnj

Default Key Replacement

I had my only key to my 1999 Nissan Altima stolen - how do I get it replaced and how much do you think it will cost?
Any help would be great
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Any locksmith should be able to do a key for you, now the cost depends on the locksmith. Another option is to go to the Nissan dealer and have them cut based on the key code. If you don't have a key code, the dealer can get that for you with your VIN.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
2004 Altima

Post To help save you time and money

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmnj View Post
I had my only key to my 1999 Nissan Altima stolen - how do I get it replaced and how much do you think it will cost?
Any help would be great
After spending way too much time looking for a sane (read: NOT rapacious pricing scam) alternative to dealers and locksmiths, I posted my findings on Facebook for my friends. As a contribution to this community, I will paste it here too. I hope anybody in need finds this useful.

Just an FYI to save my friends some pain, if the need should arise to get any spare transponder auto keys or replacement keyless entry / alarm fobs for these newer cars. First, if you go to the dealer, prepare to be raped. You can easily find blank keys for ~$10 - $15 online. You still need to get them cut; however it's the programming of the transponder in the key is where they get you. If you have 2 working keys, you can do this yourself by following a process in your drivers seat once you get a blank and have it cut (most any hardware store can do this for a couple bucks). See the linked video. In my case, I only ever had the one key, so I called a nearby ACE hardware and was quoted $62 for the key, cut and programmed. Thank you nerd boy!

Second, as far as the alarm fobs, the dealers will screw you to the wall; sometimes hundreds of dollars. I found a backup for mine on eBay for $20, including shipping. NEW KEYLESS REMOTE FOB 02-06 NISSAN ALTIMA MAXIMA 350Z INFINITI G35 KBRASTU15 | eBay

This all started with me looking for a replacement for my Audiovox remote starter; From Audiovox $65 +S&H. eBay, $11 total. KEYLESS REMOTE START FOB AUDIOVOX FCC ID: ELVATCC AVX-1B4S | eBay

Gotta love the interwebs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-r7...&feature=share
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 AM
2009 Quest

You have done lot of things but the most easiest way is to find nearby locksmith. Ask them to do the key replacement, the cost of doing it is also very reasonable from them.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:37 PM
2004 370Z Roadster
2002 300ZX

404 - File or directory not found. team is waiting to serve you 24 hours a day 7 days a weak.They have more than 10 years of experience for all type of safe and secure locksmith services,Commercial locksmith, automotive locksmith,Residential locksmith and emergency locksmith.They are also specialize in key replacement, key cutting,Lockout services, ignition repair, remote and program.

Last edited by Roy Beverly; 11-27-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: I wrote wrong spellings
Old 02-19-2019, 08:34 AM
2015 280ZX
2014 350Z Roadster

You must share the name of that firm which have 10 years of experience in their field , i know locksmith columbus ohio near us that has that much experience in this field.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:57 AM
2013 350Z Roadster
2010 Frontier Crew Cab

It's very easy to get key fob at cheap , nearby locksmith will get you it at cheap. Even i got it two times from harrow locksmith.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:31 AM
2011 Altima Sedan
2012 Altima SE-R

Through locksmith services you can do replace keys also i got mine replaced through it.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:40 AM
2002 GTR
2002 GTR

I would suggest nissan dealer than hiring 24 hr locksmith as they will provide the genuine key and in case any problem arises they will do replacement again at free.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:58 AM
2021 200SX
2020 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Beverly View Post
404 - File or directory not found. team is waiting to serve you 24 hours a day 7 days a weak.They have more than 10 years of experience for all type of safe and secure locksmith services,Commercial locksmith, automotive locksmith,Residential locksmith and emergency locksmith.They are also specialize in key replacement, key cutting,Lockout services, ignition repair, remote and program.
Good to know about services, I hope you are offering the best locksmith services in your area.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:20 AM
2020 300ZX
2005 280ZX

Quote:
Any help would be great
Two months ago, an automotive locksmith has done key replacement and costs $52 for key replacement.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:05 AM
2018 280ZX
2004 Frontier King Cab

Quote:
Any help would be great
Contact an auto locksmith and get it replaced easily at cheap, even when i need car keys near me. I also call them to provide me keys at cheap.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:29 AM
2020 240SX
2018 280ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Any locksmith should be able to do a key for you, now the cost depends on the locksmith. Another option is to go to the Nissan dealer and have them cut based on the key code. If you don't have a key code, the dealer can get that for you with your VIN.
Yes, cost totally depends upon a particular locksmith firm. This is the reason it is advisable to talk with locksmith firms in advance about the cost of getting the keys.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:21 AM
2009 280ZX
2003 Frontier

There are many locksmith firms that can provide you the Nissan remote fob easily but to get it cheap. You need to compare price of the companies and then select the one with best price.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:52 AM
2007 350Z
2014 Almera

Quote:
Any help would be great
Dealership or locksmith both can provide you the new key and charges are almost same.

Tags
key, replacement