Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Altima IPOD Install Forums > > Altima IPOD Install Altima IPOD Install
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
BaddestBanshee

Default Altima IPOD Install

I just got a 2011 Altima 2.5SL and I want to put an ipod setup in it. We have the base radio in it. I looked around the site and downloaded some ipod interface install instructions for a 2010 model altima. Are these the correct instructions and kit for the car?

I have seen Altimas with ipod cable connections in the center console, and this kit talks of an ipod cable in the glove box area. Is the center console connection only on the models with the double din radios?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
freddyttt

Hm also just got a 2011 SL. just to be clear. your car has the stock system and not the one with the 4.3 inch screen?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Snopczynski

I have one with the stock system and standard radio as well and wondered the answer to this.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
BaddestBanshee

Correct.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 AM
osceolakid

I've have a 2011 Coupe S with the stock Radio as well. Called Dealer Service Department and they don't do an iPod accessory install. Service guy recommended "Best Buy". Called Best Buy they have the "Simple iPod" kit that hooks up to the antenna and you'll listen through a radio station....tacky solution IMHO. I guess what I need to find out is whether there is another AUX input on radio or ? I wonder if there are any schematics handy for the radio?

Last edited by osceolakid; 07-18-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Snopczynski

They have it, the guy just doesn't know what he is doing. We called our dealer, they pulled the same thing, and then after I told them where I found it, they found it also.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
osceolakid

See out on Nissan Altima iPod Interface
a little better explanation. They claims the playlist appears on radio display and control it through steering wheel etc. this starts to explain throwing it in the glove box to hide it.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Snopczynski

I have the Nissan Factory Install instructions for the kit. They came off this site.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
prasanna

Default 2006 Nissan Altima isimple installation

I just bought a isimple is77 kit that should be hard-wired through the radio antenna - i opened my car stereo from dash but i do not know how or where to connect the radio antenna. my altima car has the factory radio the singe cd player with am/fm.

the model of radio is 28185 ZB10C

Peripheral / PAC IS77 Universal iPod Dock and 3.5mm Input for FM Radios

the product i have is:
Amazon.com: Peripheral / PAC IS77 Universal iPod Dock and 3.5mm Input for FM Radios: Electronics

Tags
altima, install, ipod