Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
02 2.5s Weird No-Start Forums > > 02 2.5s Weird No-Start 02 2.5s Weird No-Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 PM
turbomr2

Default 02 2.5s Weird No-Start

My friends 02 Altima 2.5S died on her as she was driving down my road. I drove down to see if I could jump it, and it wouldn't take. The next day I got the battery tested and it was bad, so I put a new one in it. Still acting like a dead battery, and even when I tried jumping it with my truck it almost killed the truck.

The problem now is all the electronics on the car work, but when I go to turn the key the car dies. The starter tries to crank, but nothing. I got the starter tested and it checks out fine. All the fuses look to be good also. No codes are coming up on the OBD II scanner, so I am completely stumped.

Any ideas? If you need anymore info just let me know and I can get it for you. Just trying to help her save some money since she got laid off. Thanks again.

Last edited by turbomr2; 06-26-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wasn't finished
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Did you solve your friend's weird start? Check the battery ground cable at the engine block. Tighten it if loose.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM
turbomr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
Did you solve your friend's weird start? Check the battery ground cable at the engine block. Tighten it if loose.
Unfortunately I haven't. Didn't think about the ground cable. I found the one coming off the transmission under the battery tray. Where is the one on the block located? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

That should be the same one as there's only one from battery terminal.

Tags
25s, nostart, weird