Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors Forums > > 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 AM
dxjinx

Default 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors

I have recently been experiencing problems with my 05 Altima. Driving on the highway I noticed the engine felt like it slipped and then MIL came on saying service engine soon. Im getting codes for CKP sensor(0335) and engine signal speed(0725). Now when I try driving the car its fine for sometimes a couple of minutes then the engine cuts out and the steering freezes up. Needless to say this has put me in some very dangerous situations. Any ideas what could cause this? I would just take it to the Nissan dealership since its well under warranty but I am in the military and stationed in England and the dealership is not honoring the warranty and will not work on imports(US spec cars). Correct me if Im wrong but how much difference is there in an US Nissan and a English one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 PM
hadi2006

I have the same problem with my Sunny-Sentra 2004 manual transmission the MIL light alawys ON the code is 0335 crankshaft sensor it can not be erased from Memory while driving the car is fine ,but sometimes the engine freezes while shafting gear ,also sometimes when I turn off the engine it doesn't start easily it takes long time to start again .I have tried to search in internet to find service Manual and the Location for Crankshat sensor but I have not find any thing to solve problem
Old 03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like you both have a bad crankshaft position sensor. It is located on the backside of the engine.If you take the air cleaner duct off you can see if from the top. Look down where the transmission and engine meet. You should see the connector right next to the engine mount. For the sentra it is easier to see from under the car.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
milo607

I am getting the same code with my girlfriend's 03 Altima - it has all the recalls (which was an ECU upgrade, not the replacement of teh crank position sensor). It drives fine with the exception of some rough shifting.

Anyway - I am getting mixed advice as to which sensor is the real problem. The check engine light came on and we checked and got both these codes. Seems unlikely both sensors failed? A Nissan tech recommended replacing the crankshaft position sensor as this fails more often, but I have heard the opposite elsewhere...

Anyone know for sure? One thing noticed is that the shifting got rough at the time the light came on and I heard this could be an indication that the vehicle speed sensor is the problem....

Thanks for any advice!!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
2015 Rogue

The crank sensor monitors engine speed. That is why you get the engine signal spped code. Sounds like you may be getting that confused with the vehicle speed sensor. The crankshaft sensor is the one you will want to replace. I have replaced several for this same problem. It is a very common problem.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
milo607

OK, Thanks for the advice - the crank sensor is like $25 - I'll swap it and let you all know how it goes.

PS - do I need to reset the computer codes afterwords? Or does disconnecting the battery take care of that?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
2015 Rogue

Disconnecting the battery will do it but it usually takes a long time. Just stop by an auto parts store they will usually clear them for free.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:24 AM
milo607

I'm having a bit of trouble spotting the sensor - i found the cam shaft position sensor right next to the air duct, but all the wires and connections i can see from above seem to connect to the transmission. If it is on the backside of the engine I am guessing it best to get to it from under the car?
Thanks!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
2015 Rogue

You will not be able to see it from under the car. You probably aren't looking down far enough.The wires come from the underside.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:05 PM
milo607

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
You will not be able to see it from under the car. You probably aren't looking down far enough.The wires come from the underside.

Jeez I spent an hour looking everywhere imaginable with no luck. This is the '03 4 cyclinder automatic model by the way...There are 3 sensors accessible that are pretty low but none are a match and all plug into the transmission. I can't really see around to the backside of the engine - but from under the car I could see a little and saw no sensor. I may have to give in and let a pro figure this out...
Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
raidr067

I found the sensor but I cant get it unpluged, can someone please tell me what the trick is to unplug it? Thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Tes4444

Default Sensor Troubles

I had the issue where my Altima would occasionally skip or rev high for a moment and was getting the P0725 and P0335 codes. This morning I replaced the camshaft sensor and the car was hard to crank afterwards.

I drove it a short distance with no problems after ti did crank, but now it won't crank at all. I didn't make any changes except that sensor - anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:31 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes4444 View Post
I had the issue where my Altima would occasionally skip or rev high for a moment and was getting the P0725 and P0335 codes. This morning I replaced the camshaft sensor and the car was hard to crank afterwards.

I drove it a short distance with no problems after ti did crank, but now it won't crank at all. I didn't make any changes except that sensor - anyone have any ideas?
Those codes are for the crankshaft sensor not the camshaft sensor. You need to replace the crankshaft position sensor.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Tes4444

Smile Oops - wrong sensor!

Thanks for pointing out that I replaced the wrong sensor - it really bites to slip like that and go down the wrong path.

I've got the right part now and am downloading the manual section that refers to it to prepare a bit better this time.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 AM
mmartelli07

Angry Nissan charges to replace sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
Sounds like you both have a bad crankshaft position sensor. It is located on the backside of the engine.If you take the air cleaner duct off you can see if from the top. Look down where the transmission and engine meet. You should see the connector right next to the engine mount. For the sentra it is easier to see from under the car.
I just took my car in for the second time to fix problem and they charged me 100 bucks to diagnose even though I told them it was the P0335 and P0725 which I checked on a friends ODB. Then they want to charge an additional 200 to fix. I'm so frustrated with them right now. Is this something I can fix or take maybe to another dealership? My warranty expires on June 30th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the dealership in question is Bankston Nissan in Lewisville, TX. I would recommend avoiding this location. I've asked them on several occasions to please contact me to discuss matter. No reply!

Tags
2005, altima, errors, p0335, p0725