Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors Forums > > 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
AAACompleteAutoRep

Default Replace The cranckshaft sensor first

Code 335 indicates a bad cranckshaft sensor and 9 times out of 10 will cause the 725 code (speed sensor) . The cranckshaft sensor usually cost $25-$56 and $50-$65 to install. Ask them to replace your cranckshaft sensor and erase the codes.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
akt00

Smile Thanks for your advise ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAACompleteAutoRep View Post
Code 335 indicates a bad cranckshaft sensor and 9 times out of 10 will cause the 725 code (speed sensor) . The cranckshaft sensor usually cost $25-$56 and $50-$65 to install. Ask them to replace your cranckshaft sensor and erase the codes.
I really appreciated your kind response. After chagne of crankshaft position sensor, do I also need to ask him to erase the error code?
I thought that it is disappear automatically once it is changed.

One more question. ^^
After driveability evaluation for SES light by Pepboys, he said he turned off the SES light. And even 4 days passed, the SES light hasn't been on. I wonder if I need to wait until it is on again. Or I need to change the Crankshaft position sensor asap. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM
BillM

Based on my own experience. You have to change both of the sensors. Cam and Crank. Codes will be cleared by the mechanic at Pep boys. You can remove the camshaft by your self. Read the discussion and you will find some pics. In order to remove the old sensor you have to do a scissor grip with your own fingers. I used my index finfer on the middle to hold the sensor. a slight push into it, the middle and the thumb should be your fingers doing all the work. Remmember removing the green clip is just like removing a large paper clip, It has some ressistance.

I changed my sensors arround 80K and I am close to 95K and no problems. Good luck. PS. It is a must, you have to buy the sensors from Nissan Dealer..
Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Pasquale02

Hey , My gf 2005 altima 2.5 started having problems about a month ago and after reading post on this site I decided to change the Crankshaft sensor woth the updated one from nissan, I t took a while to find and pry out but the job was done and the car ran good. Today she called me and said the check engine light came back on and that her car has no power... and she cant drive more then a couple mph. anyone have any ideas of what it could be?? I only changed the Crank sensor and not the Cam sensor could that be a problem???

Thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquale02 View Post
Hey , My gf 2005 altima 2.5 started having problems about a month ago and after reading post on this site I decided to change the Crankshaft sensor woth the updated one from nissan, I t took a while to find and pry out but the job was done and the car ran good. Today she called me and said the check engine light came back on and that her car has no power... and she cant drive more then a couple mph. anyone have any ideas of what it could be?? I only changed the Crank sensor and not the Cam sensor could that be a problem???

Thanks
Get the code for the check engine light, and post back on it.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 AM
akinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquale02 View Post

Thanks
Did you ever find out what happened? I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor last night and everything went well. Afterwards, the car was harder to start. It takes about 5 seconds on the starter before it turns over. It used to start immediately. What did you do to fix? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Pasquale02

Hey, Her car ended up having having a bad sensor on the accelarator that was cause the lack of power. I had the dealer change it while the car was in getting the subframe replaced due to cracking.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
thomolar

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5L, Eng Cfg 4 Cylinders, Eng Des QR25DE

I am having similar problems with my car. I will post a new thread:
2002 Altima: P0720, P0335, U1000, P1574, P0128 and U1001 error codes

Last edited by thomolar; 05-23-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added URL hyperlink of my new thread to this message
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Versatile14

Default same problem all around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjinx View Post
I have recently been experiencing problems with my 05 Altima. Driving on the highway I noticed the engine felt like it slipped and then MIL came on saying service engine soon. Im getting codes for CKP sensor(0335) and engine signal speed(0725). Now when I try driving the car its fine for sometimes a couple of minutes then the engine cuts out and the steering freezes up. Needless to say this has put me in some very dangerous situations. Any ideas what could cause this? I would just take it to the Nissan dealership since its well under warranty but I am in the military and stationed in England and the dealership is not honoring the warranty and will not work on imports(US spec cars). Correct me if Im wrong but how much difference is there in an US Nissan and a English one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Having same problem with my 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 special edition

just to verify before i start messing with my car and totally mess it up. the crankshaft and camshaft sensors have similar plug connectors but are in two different areas?

I went to Bankston Nissan in Dallas and asked for a crankshaft position sensor. They told me that it would look different than the one in the vehicle. that the new one would have metal versus being all plastic.

does anyone have a picture of the new crankshaft position sensor they used or a better picture of the location
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 PM
ms103

I had the same cam/crankshaft sensors problem with my 05 Altima. I just had to suck it up and pay the ridiculous $325 for them to fix it. The only thing that was under the recall was to reprogram the ECM after they replaced the sensors. "They" say that the ECM and the sensors are not related, but we all know that is not true. Another thing, the parts are only under warranty for 12months/12,000. What's up with that!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM
ehiris

Default Total nightmare

I read your comments on the sensor problem with the Altima and replaced the sensors with sensors I bought from Autozone. That didn't fix the problem and I have taken the car into a shop which replaced the sensors again with dealer sensors and also checked the wiring and replaced a connector which I broke because I couldn't figure out how to take it off right before I removed it.

Problem is still there with the same codes. The auto repair shop says that the ECU is bad. What do you think?

Here are some photos I took when I replaced the crankshaft sensor. Camshaft sensor was easy and there other web sites with photos of that:

This is the general location:

To get to it easier, I unbolted this cable holder:

This is the specific location next to the rear engine mount. Also note on what you have to press to safely remove the connector from the sensor before unbolting it and what tools you will need to reach it.

This is what the connector looks like:

This is the sensor:
Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM
2015 Rogue

Are you sure that you wired the new connector correctly?
Keep in mind that the connector fits on the new sensor 180 degrees from the old one. You may have the 2 outer wires switched.
ASE Master Certified.

Last edited by mpe235; 07-08-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
ehiris

The connector only fits one way. The shop I took it to also had that checked and actually replaced the connector for which I had to improvise a way to hold in place since it wasn't clicking into place anymore. They also said that the wiring checked out ok also.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Adam444

First off, kudos to ehiris for taking the time to post those great pictures. The captions really help!

Now my problem. '05 Altima 2.5 S. About 2 weeks I pulled out from an intersection and the engine stumbled on acceleration. The check engine light came on with codes 335 and 275. A few days ago I noticed that when the engine was hot it took several cranks to get started. Yesterday it stalled at an intersection and also took a while to start. Today I replaced the crank sensor and reset the check engine light. The car was running fine until I stopped on my way home and again it was hard to start. No check engine light, just hard to start.

Any suggestions? Obviously something is still amiss.

Just as an FYI, the sensor was $44 (plus tax) from the local Nissan store and I paid a mechanic buddy $40 to install it.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
ehiris

I also replaced the Camshaft sensor as that is sometimes also the problem. That one was very easy to change. unclips easily, easy to reach, 10 mm socket wrench pulls it out in a breeze. However, for me it still didn't fix the problem. I had a mechanic inspect the wiring and he says it's good. His recommendation was to replace the ECU for 840$. The guy charged me 120$ diagnosis fee and all he could come up was replace the computer!? He searched online forums which I had done also (probably this very same forum).

Anyway, I'm already down 370 dollars for that douche of a mechanic, plus the parts and tools I bought for the work I did. The time I spent on this was in excess of 5 hours, and I still have the problem.

I thought nissan were great cars but this is terrible engineering to place a sensor in such a hard-to-reach spot and have a connector that opens by pressing it in.

Now the car is at the dealership to reprogram the ECU. Hopefully that fixes the problem. If not I'll have to spend 90$ in diagnosis fee at the dealership because replacing the computer sounds like total BS to me.

Last edited by ehiris; 07-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Tags
2005, altima, errors, p0335, p0725