Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors Forums > > 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Tes4444

Default You can do it

I'm a meidocre mechanic at best and I recently rpelaced mine - after buying the wrong sensor (I bought camshaft sensor) on the first time to the store...

The crankshaft position sensor is a little hard to get to - you have to get under the car and it's kind of in the corner beside a motor mount on the block (driver's sdie), but it's by no means something you should pay $200 labor for. You don't really have to remove anything else to get to it and it only took about 30 minutes from the time that I crawled under the car until I was completely done.

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself you can buy the part and get a shadetree mechanic to install it for probably $50.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
mmartelli07

Thank you for your quick response. Do you know where I could find a picture or drawing on the location for this? Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:17 PM
BillM

Default CrankShaft and Camshaft DIY pics

Here are some picsi found in the net, I hope they can help. I changed the camshaft but for the crankshaft installation I took it to Pep boys, they only charged $50 and for the same price they cleared the codes and the SES light. It sure beats $480. plus $118 diagnostic. Make sure you buy the sensors at the Nissan dealer as they have been modified with a metal housing they run for about $55 each. Both of them look the same. I did my research and other shops only sell the original plastic for about $35.00.

thttp://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Nissan-Altima-Camshaft-Crankshaft-Sensors/hey can help.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:19 PM
BillM

Here are some picsi found in the net, I hope they can help. I changed the camshaft but for the crankshaft installation I took it to Pep boys, they only charged $50 and for the same price they cleared the codes and the SES light. It sure beats $480. plus $118 diagnostic. Make sure you buy the sensors at the Nissan dealer as they have been modified with a metal housing they run for about $55 each. Both of them look the same. I did my research and other shops only sell the original plastic for about $35.00.

thttp://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Nissan-Altima-Camshaft-Crankshaft-Sensors/hey can help.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
jean015

i just got the crankshaft sensor today and i will be replasing it tomorrow it run for 75.00 at the dealer
Old 07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
jean015

I was unable to locate the sensor does any one has a good picture I did not want to unpluge anything u was not suppose too, i found the one on top by the air duckbut i could not locate the right one any ideas ??
Old 07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
jean015

does anyone know if the crankshaft sensor should be under any warrranty my 2005 Altima only has 42000 mile on it and i am curios if i should go get a hard day at the stealer and see if i can get this done for free, they did the recall on the programming but noone infor me about this defect when that was doen , the more I read about it it seems that this is a defect on the sensor
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 AM
BillM

The Sensors are not covered under the recall for the 2004 and up. They are not paying for it because it is a defect from the manufacturer (sensor Manufacturer) Untill there is enough number of people that complain or untill some one dies and sues the NISSAN company maybe untill then they might cover it. So make sure you buy Nissan parts only. If it is the Camshaft sensor you are changing by yourself here is the link for the picture. To remove the old sensor you have to push the pin on the back of the electrical terminal and then pull it out. When you install the new one you have to attach the sensor to the electrical attachment first and then install it on the outlet Altima-Crankshaft-Camshaft-Sensor-Replacement-038 Just remmember not to try to change the Crankshaft sensor you might unplug or break something else near the workig area. I took mine to Pepboys and they changed it for $59 (labor) they installed the nissan part that I had bought a the dealer.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
los panda

someone told me there is a recall on the 03's for these problems. can anyone verify this? i'd love to pay nothing instead of something. i'll be calling my dealer tomorrow if i have time at work. thanks fellow altima owners - kyle
Old 07-28-2009, 06:06 AM
los panda

got my answer: NO!

didn't matter anyways, my engine (113k) is done. just got one off an '05 w 43k on it for $2,300. should have it up and running by the end of next week
Old 09-19-2009, 04:24 PM
keveitel

Default Crankshaft speed sensor location

After reviewing the service manuals and the diagrams on pg 112 and 113. I found (What I believe is ) the sensor. Once I took the engine cove off it was right there and easily accessible. I have read on many of these forums that the sensor is alot further down and not as easy to reach as I found. Once I replaced it, my car started right up and worked good for 2 hours. After the car set for alittle bit, it became hard to start again and the service engine soon light came on. Once I got it started I checked the codes and got the same codes. I erased the codes and the car started up right away. This is perplexing me as I am starting to second guess myself that I put the sensor in the right place. Also I was told that the sensor had changed in configuration from the original part. When I took the original sensor out it was black and flat on one side, while the otherside had indentions (square areas). The new sensor has a silver color cylinder. Help if you can.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM
deeznuts

You changed the wrong sensor. You replaced the cam sensor with the updated crank sensor. You need to reinstall the cam sensor back into place, and change the crank sensor. The crank sensor is much further down the engine. The lower rear corner, next to the transmission. You really can't see it from up top (only a slight view of the connector can be seen, if you know where to look). Reach your arm as far down as you can, and feel for the connector going into the engine.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
rogeaguila11

I have the same problem with my Altima 2005 manual transmission the MIL light alawys ON the code is 0335 crankshaft sensor ,but sometimes the engine freezes while shafting gear ,also sometimes when I turn off the engine it doesn't start easily it takes long time to start again so now, is not starting. .I have tried to search in internet to find service Manual and the Location for Crankshat sensor but I have not find any thing to solve problem.
Can anyone tell me where is the crank shaft sensor located?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Red Sand

Hello,

I have three sons in college and honestly I can't afford to take this to the shop. I have an '06 Altima 2.5, and I've tried all morning to remove the connector plug that attaches to the crankshaft position sensor. I think I may have crushed it in my efforts of removing it. :(

Does anyone have any ideas - any "this is guaranteed to remove it" solution?

This is the most frustrating thing I've ever tried to do on a car - very, very difficult. What am I doing wrong? I push the green part towards the front of the car - I can't get a grip on the connector - my hands are raw from getting scraped up.

Thanks,

RS
Old 01-17-2010, 02:46 AM
akt00

Default 2005 Altima 2.5S, SES "P0725 and P0335" Error

It seems that I got the "P0725 and P0335" Error on SES.
In Pepboys, they asked me to change "crankshaft position sensor" as well as "Speedsensor" with total cost of $631. I wonder if the both sensors should be changed. Thanks.

Tags
2005, altima, errors, p0335, p0725