Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
95 altima gxe tach issue Forums > > 95 altima gxe tach issue 95 altima gxe tach issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
dp_cp42

Default 95 altima gxe tach issue

I just bought my altima a few months back. I have a few issues with the car. one is the tach doesnt work. when i turn on the car it sits at 200rpm. when i drive the car it only goes to 1,000rpm. and drops back down to 200rpm. If im getting on the freeway and punch it, it will go to 3500rpm than when the car shifts it will go back down to 200rpm and sit there. Any ideas what this could be, or what to look for? thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Any other concerns with vehicle operation?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
dp_cp42

No, no other concern. I have a nasty exhaust leak I'm trying to locate. Still can't figure out the tach issue. Every where I read says they just replace the Cluster, I really don't want to do that cause I only have 90,000 mike on the car.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Enthusiast
1995 Maxima

try tightening the screws at the back of the instrument clusters (especially at the back of the tacho). those screws are used as ground connections for the clusters. i had a similar problem as yours, & found those screws were quite loose. just gently tighten those screws & good luck. please post any repair you might have done to fix the problem.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 AM
dp_cp42

Thanks, I will try that this weekend. I'll let you know if I have any luck!

Tags
altima, gxe, issue, tach