Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
door ajar light/domelight/door locks Forums > > door ajar light/domelight/door locks door ajar light/domelight/door locks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 AM
kurtie

Default door ajar light/domelight/door locks

what i know 2003 altima 4 door
when the car is running:
door ajar light on
dome light on
cant lock doors by pusing the button in arm rest

when the car is off:
horn does not sound when i use the remote to lock doors
lights do not flash when i unlock door
round light around the ignition stays on

got a little snow on the interior drivers side armrest where all the buttons are today. last night when i got in the car the horn beeped twice
Old 02-26-2011, 01:26 PM
kurtie

Alright, as i thought, and this is the 4th car of mine that this has happend on. it was the problem i thought. i finally was able to diagnose it when i pulled up to the dealer. so what happened was the freakin seat belt got caught in the door and dented the door at the same spot where the door hits the button to shut the doom light of and make the door ajar light go off. so as i did the last 3 times i got the world saving duct tape out. cut four or five pieces about 1.5 inches long, placed them one on top of the other and put it on the door where the door meets the button. i have also found this to be a lasting fix. i have it on my other nissan becuse the door is slightly out of alignment i did this repair on one of my cars and lasted five years until i got rid of it because duct tape wouldn't fix the transmission :). i hope this helps several people . if it does drop me an email so i can keep track for fun. im at [email protected]. now if i could just lower gas prices with duct tape.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Thank you for letting us know kurtie!!

Tags
ajar, door, locks