Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working Forums > > 2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working 2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM
keithsmithtx1

Default 2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working

Could not find this information myself, figured it out, so I thought I'd post in case someone else needs it.

Windshield was covered in ice. Wife turned on wipers but they did not move and she did not turn them off. After ice melted, wipers did not work. Could not hear motor. Good news, turned out to be the fuse.

Other posts said to 1) check fuse 2) check switch 3) check motor. Most fuses are not labeled. Could not find a fuse diagram online. Posting pics to show where fuse is.

There are two fuse boxes under the hood. The one near the windshield wiper fluid reservoir (on left) holds the 20 amp fuse (yellow) for wiper motor. Remove cover, two tabs on side hold the fuse box in. In attached photo, the fuse is pulled and belongs in the empty slot 3rd from right on top row.
Attached Thumbnails
2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working-img00034-20110218-1819-jpg   2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working-img00033-20110218-1818-jpg   2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working-img00032-20110218-1816-jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
BBetz

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info, you're a life saver. I couldn't find where that fuse was anywhere. You think they would list it in the owner's manual.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 AM
2003 Altima
2005 Altima

Default Thank you !

Signed up just to thank the OP. Made this fix just a little quicker for me. I knew it was probably a fuse but having the exact co-ordinates was nice.

As I read this post, it was as if I wrote it. Wife also turned on wipers when they were iced over. Women.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 AM
2005 Altima

I also signed up so that I could say thanks, this has saved me a lot of time and trouble.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 AM
2005 Altima

Default Thank You for the Info

One cold winter morning I turned on the windshield wipers on our 2005 Nissan, Altima. The windshield wipers did not work as they were frozen to the windshild. After I broke free the wipers from the windshield, the wipers did not work. I was unable to hear the windshield wiper moter.

After viewing your posting and your 3 attachments/photos of how to replace the fuse, I followed your "excellent" instructions and repaired the windshied wiper blades myself.

Thank you very much for posting the above information.......L
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
2005 Altima

Default Repairing wipers on 2005 Altima

Thanks so much for the post. It was a quick easy fix for me because of the great info you left
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Thanks for the pictures this fix worked for me too.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
2002 Altima Sedan

Default Wiper problems

Thanks I hope is the same for my Altima 2002 because my wipers won't do anything ? Will try and let you know !
Old 12-30-2016, 05:47 AM
2006 Murano

My wipers cycled about 3 times this snowy morning and then stopped. No movement, no sound from motor. I first checked the fuse in the box near the washer fluid bottle, (mine is a green 30 amp). It is OK. Checked fuse with multitester just to be sure. It's fine. Hmm...tried wipers again, this time without engine running and yes,I CAN hear the wiper motor cycling. Changed speed of IM wipers to be sure that is what I am hearing...yes, that is the wiper motor I hear. OK, wiper blade linkage must have broken or come off. Removed cover on D/S over wiper motor. Reached inside with right hand while moving wiper arms with left. Yes, Linkage between motor and arms was off. Popped linkage back onto shaft (a little too easily, shouldn't there be some kind of clip securing it there? Problem fixed, wipers work fine now but as easily as I put it back on I am concerned it will just pop off again. Have since done a lot of searching online and found these repair clips: x2 NICKEL ONE WIPER WORKING? WINDSCREEN WIPER MOTOR LINKAGE LINK REPAIR CLIP KIT | eBay
Should be here next week, we'll see if they work out or not.

Last edited by RDA; 12-30-2016 at 08:44 AM. Reason: edited as repair progressed
Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 AM
2004 Maxima

Your post worked for me too... thank you so much!
Old 01-08-2021, 07:57 AM
1999 GTR
2003 Frontier Crew Cab

Your post really helped me fixing the issue with windshield vipers, i was about to take my car to the windshield replacement experts but i easily handled the issue after seeing this post.

Tags
2005, altima, nissan, windshield, wipers, working