Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Engine Cranks But Won't Start Forums > > Engine Cranks But Won't Start Engine Cranks But Won't Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-29-2015, 04:01 AM
2000 Altima

Default 2000 altima no start

hello everyone,

My 2000 altima just stopped running and sat in my driveway for about a year. After checking distributer plugs wires etc. I pulled the entire injector rail and found no fuel pulsing during crank. I realized the nats system was in lockout. also while cranking the security light always stayed on. I called a local locksmith to reprogram key for $75 dollars and the car started right away. Find a good qualified locksmith with reprogramming capabilities and they should be able to help you.The reason the key became disabled was because the key was ziptied to the steering column under the dashboard by previous owner. when the battery died overnight the key apparently became corrupt. hope this will help you guys..
Old 05-31-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2005 Altima

did it have a car starter? May have been used to trick the Passlock transponder into seeing the code.
May have a problem if you have the key in there and are trying to use another programmed key into the ignition.
With 2 programmed keys at the ignition at the same time would likely send the wrong code, therefore tripping the security
Old 07-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
2002 Pathfinder

Hey benny what was the part number? I think I may be having the same issue after the IACV valve fried out my ECM. Got it repaired but it might need the "first-time new key" initialization?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 AM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
This is a follow-up on my previous thread. I talked to a parts person from a different Nissan dealer. I mentioned about the Amp that service advisor said from another Nissan dealer.

He said the service advisor may be referring to the Anti Theft Immobilizer Control Unit. Service advisor said it may be shorted and needs to be replaced. Service advisor said it needs to be reprogrammed after new part is installed.

Has anyone have any experienced on this. Thanks a lot.
Did you get any codes?
My Car it shows no codes I just got the ECM checked next it is immobilizer need to know if you got codes as this problem is going on.
Thank you
Old 09-21-2016, 01:36 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

P1610 - 1615
Old 04-05-2019, 04:00 AM
2015 Frontier
2010 Frontier Crew Cab

I don't think that any qualified locksmith can deal with such kind of problems.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:10 AM
2007 Altima Hybrid
2008 370Z Coupe

According to me there is no need of a locksmith for the ignition issue.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:26 AM
2006 Armada
2004 Armada

When your engine cranks but won't start or run, it could mean your engine is having trouble producing a spark, getting fuel, or creating compression. The most common causes are problems in the ignition (for example, a bad ignition coil) or fuel system (for example, a clogged fuel filter). techzpod.com mobdro

Last edited by balcinzop; 03-01-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Tags
cranks, engine, start