Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Help with remote keyless entry. Forums > > Help with remote keyless entry. Help with remote keyless entry.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
rberman999

Question Help with remote keyless entry.

Hello all,

Just took delivery of 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S. I'd like to get a keyless remote FOB working. I bought the car from a used car dealership and it did not come with any keyless remotes. I picked up a remote from eBay (~$20.00) and have tried to get the Body Control Module to recognise it. My problem is I can't get the BCM to go into program mode. I have the service manual and have done the key into and out of the ignition lock more than 6 times in 10 seconds many many times now (yes I have locked the doors with the power door locks before starting, I have changed the speed of inserting the key, tried slowing down and speeding up). I checked fuse 21, looks good, and when I pulled it the interior light and the ignition key light both went out so circuit appears to work. When I first insert the key the ignition key light comes on, etc...Everything appears to work, all power door locks, power windows, the ignition key light does come on, the interior light comes on when using the key in the door, etc.... Any ideas on how I can get the Body Control Module to go into Keyless Entry Program Mode? Anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks for any help, Russ.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 PM
rberman999

Well I figured it out. Turns out that I just was not inserting / removing the key fast enough. My service manual states to insert / remove at a rate of 6 times in less than 10 seconds and on top of that it warns not to do the procedure too fast. Turned out with my BCM (body control module) I needed to go at a rate close to once per second, at this speed there would be no way a small child could accidentally get you into BCM program mode if they were playing with your keys. Anyway my $20 eBay key FOB works perfectly now. Russ
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default Fob

Yup, you have to go at the right rate of speed. When the hazards flash, you're in programming mode.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Your FCC ID # on your FOB must match the old one or what's called out in the chart on this forum, or it won't work :).
Old 10-08-2020, 01:49 PM
2020 Truck

I am not sure how to post a thread, but I did see this one concerning keyless entry issues. I hope someone can help me.

I have just purchased a 2020 NV200 van, model S. It did not come with keyless entry fobs, however, after doing some research I was able to discover where the keyless entry module should be located if it was installed. It was not installed, however, the wiring connector is installed.

The part number is 28595-JX00B and is expensive ($395.00). I did find that there are many different version of the module over the various types of other Nissan car models, such as 28595-9FD0A. All of the various module types I have seen on Ebay all look identical and the part number always begins 28595- the only difference I see is the mounting bracket. My question is, are they interchangeable except for the mounting bracket. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack

Tags
entry, keyless, remote