Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
HELP!! removal of rear strut? Forums > > HELP!! removal of rear strut? HELP!! removal of rear strut?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
TwistedDesignz

Default HELP!! removal of rear strut?

I have unbolted the rear seat, removed the small panels on each side and I can't figure how to get the rear deck out and where the top bolt of the strut is located there. Anyone have any diagrams or details with pictures so I can get this done and back on the road. THX
Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 PM
2015 Rogue

All of the bolts you need to remove are accessible from the wheel well.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
TwistedDesignz

The rear strut uses a slider bolt through the bottom and the top of the strut is the stem with a threaded end. So I am able to remove the nut off the top end of the strut from the wheel well? I didn't see the top of the strut when I removed the wheel, so im assuming I need an open ended wrench to take it off?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDesignz View Post
The rear strut uses a slider bolt through the bottom and the top of the strut is the stem with a threaded end. So I am able to remove the nut off the top end of the strut from the wheel well? I didn't see the top of the strut when I removed the wheel, so im assuming I need an open ended wrench to take it off?
No. There are two nuts in the wheel well at the top of the strut that hold it to the car. Take the two nuts off at the top and the bolt at the bottom and the assembly comes out. You then transfer the top part (strut mount) to the new strut and then reinstall it.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
TwistedDesignz

Im gonna try to get it done first thing in the morn. THX

Tags
rear, removal, strut