Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Altima Ipod? Forums > > 2010 Altima Ipod? 2010 Altima Ipod?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 AM
rookie8155

Thanks for the info. I am going to buy it right now. I hope it will work.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
rookie8155

I ordered the adaptor from Amazon. When I was reading reviews about it later, it looks like solvesthe problemof iphone 3g or newer ipods charging in the cars.
I hope it will resolve the audio issues we are all facing as well.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:20 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie8155 View Post
I ordered the adaptor from Amazon. When I was reading reviews about it later, it looks like solvesthe problemof iphone 3g or newer ipods charging in the cars.
I hope it will resolve the audio issues we are all facing as well.
If it doesn't resolve all of the issues you may need to downgrade the software on your ipods or iphone to work with the system.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
rookie8155

Just an update. Until yesterday, my ipod touch 1g was not working in my Altima 2010 and so was my iphone 3g and my daughters' iphone 3g.
Today, I reinstalled firmware on my ipod and iphone. After firmware update, I tested my both devices. Good news, both ipod touch 1g on firmware 3.1.3 and iphone 3g on firmware 4.1 are working fine now.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:51 AM
rookie8155

I tried my USB flash drive with mp3 songs connecting to usb port in car. It works very well. You really don't need ipod to play the music.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Rexx0d0a

Default Fix for IPhone 3G in my 2010 Altima Coupe/Bose system?

I also ordered the Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter from Amazon.ca. It should be here in 1-2 weeks, and I'll report back if it's a fix to get my IPhone 3G IOS 4.01 working in my 2010 Altima/Bose system.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Tobey1Kenobi

Really??? That's fantastic news!! I hate having my ipod touch trapped in my car all the time. I forget about it and never use it!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
rookie8155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexx0d0a View Post
I also ordered the Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter from Amazon.ca. It should be here in 1-2 weeks, and I'll report back if it's a fix to get my IPhone 3G IOS 4.01 working in my 2010 Altima/Bose system.
Thanks for the update. I have also ordered one from Amazon. But I am not very sure if it will fix the problem. I read reviews later after ordering and looks like it fixes the issue for the people who were having problems charging their mp3 players. Our issue is different.
I would suggest you to update your firmware on iphone to 4.1. I backed up my iphone re-installed firmware and at the end confiugred iphone as new iphone when it prompts after installing the firmware. It is working fine now. But still get one message about the cable being not compatible and that phone can cause noise etc.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
rookie8155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey1Kenobi View Post
Really??? That's fantastic news!! I hate having my ipod touch trapped in my car all the time. I forget about it and never use it!
Yes, you can use USB drive to play music in your Altima. It works very well.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
rookie8155

I tried Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter today, it does not work. I am still getting message "Reading Files". It worked one day but again ipod or iphone does not work.
I will try usb flash drive tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
rookie8155

Please don't waste your money on Scosche passPORT charging adaptor. It does not work. My iphone and ipod don't work always. So I started using USB flash drive. it works no problems. I am using 16 GB drive for my music.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
stdastephens

Hi, My name is Shannon & I just got the new Altima coupe, 2010. I have loved it and loved playing my IPOD in the car, until now! It plays sometimes, and other times, it says "No device found." Other times it says, "Reading files." Some times all I do is unplug it, and re plug it in the USB cable connector in the console, and that solves it. Other times, I have to wait until I restart the car. This is VERY frustrating! I thought maybe it wasnt charging properly. I have tried bringing it in the house, recharging it to my computer and taking it out again in the morning. I am at my wits end. I have the cable that looks like the picture of the one that is suppose to work. I got my Ipod for Christmas last year. It is the Ipod Touch 8GB. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 AM
rookie8155

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdastephens View Post
Hi, My name is Shannon & I just got the new Altima coupe, 2010. I have loved it and loved playing my IPOD in the car, until now! It plays sometimes, and other times, it says "No device found." Other times it says, "Reading files." Some times all I do is unplug it, and re plug it in the USB cable connector in the console, and that solves it. Other times, I have to wait until I restart the car. This is VERY frustrating! I thought maybe it wasnt charging properly. I have tried bringing it in the house, recharging it to my computer and taking it out again in the morning. I am at my wits end. I have the cable that looks like the picture of the one that is suppose to work. I got my Ipod for Christmas last year. It is the Ipod Touch 8GB. Any ideas?
Here is the list of supported ipod hardware and firmware from your vehicle's owner manual:

The following models are available:
iPod 5th Generation version 1.2.1

iPod Classic - version 1.1

iPod Touch - version 2.1.0

iPod Nano - 1st generation version 1.3.1

iPod Nano - 2nd generation version 1.1.3

iPod Nano - 3rd generation version 1.0.2

If your ipod does not match above critaria, you may be out of luck.
I have same issue. My ipod 1st Gen with firmware 3.13 and Iphone 3g with firware 4.1. I am having same issues. I called Nissan Canada Customer Relations, the guy read the same owner's manual to explain me the issue. There was no more support provided.

I gave up because I know, it will not work. So my solution is to use USB flash drive. Copy your music on flash drive and plug it in your car and enjoy music.

I am using 16GB USB flash drive and it works nicely.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 PM
rookie8155

Guys, good news. I made my ipod first gen working in my Altima 2010.
My ipod is running on firmware 3.13. It was not working properly earlier with firmware 3.1.3. Now I connected it to my latest iTune and reapplied firmware to it and set it up as new ipod and not backup. This fixed the problem. Now I am playing music in my car for hours without any issue. The whole problem lies with Apple and not Nissan. My iphone 3g running on firmware 4.1.2 still does not work in the car.

Last edited by rookie8155; 12-22-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM
2010 Altima

Default iPod vs. USB

Does using an iPod offer any advantage over a USB stick? For example, when connected to an iPod, would the car recognize playlists, track numbers, or (I'm dreaming now) show album art?

Thanks.