Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'03 Front Driver Door Hinges Forums > > '03 Front Driver Door Hinges '03 Front Driver Door Hinges
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 AM
03SilverAltima

Default '03 Front Driver Door Hinges

My front driver door has begun to sag slightly. I want to get the hinges replaced. I wanted to know if both the upper and lower hinges are the same? How much should the two hinges cost? How much should the repair cost? Will a dealer do this repair? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Usually the body shop changes the hinges, although some dealer do body work as well. Have you tried adjusting the stricker?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
altima2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Usually the body shop changes the hinges, although some dealer do body work as well. Have you tried adjusting the stricker?
what and where is the stricker?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
03SilverAltima

The striker is the metal part on the frame the the locking mechanism clips too. It is the only meta part on the middle frame.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:49 AM
03SilverAltima

Are the upper and lower hinge the same? I was looking on courtesynissan.com and they only specify driver and passenger...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default Hinges

If you grab the door with it half way open and you rock it up and down, is there play? If so, that's usually a hinge issue.

I have older GM cars and this is an issue because the doors are typically very big and weigh quite a bit. On those, you can replace the pins and bushings in most cases and you're good to go.

Not sure on the Nissan, I believe it's not serviceable in that regard.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
altima2500

yeah there is a play...i think it's the bushing coz it looks like already worn out...
I have another issue with my 03altima..after locking, the alarm goes off maybe after 30-40 minutes sometimes sooner than that...my security light does not lit or flash in any way..
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
03SilverAltima

Are the bushings replaceable all do you just have to get a new hinge. A hinge is only 17 dollars...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default Hinge

Doesn't appear to be "serviceable" from what I can make out as per the attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Altima Hinge.pdf (115.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
03SilverAltima

Yea...I guess you just have to buy two hinges and have them put on. I'll have my buddy do it at his body shop. Should be easy. Just 4 bolts per hinge. Then door alignment.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
altima2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SilverAltima View Post
Yea...I guess you just have to buy two hinges and have them put on. I'll have my buddy do it at his body shop. Should be easy. Just 4 bolts per hinge. Then door alignment.
thanks..keep it up!!

Tags
door, driver, front, hinges