Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Altima 2010 Push Start Forums > > Nissan Altima 2010 Push Start Nissan Altima 2010 Push Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 AM
kelleeann15

Default Nissan Altima 2010 Push Start

Has anyone ever had issues with your push button start hesititating before it actually starts? I got my car on March 13th, 2010 and it hesitated the day I got it, but the sales man ignored it and since I had never had a push button start before I didn't think twice. However I took it back the next day and the sales manager tried it and it started right up.

However it keeps hesitating at times sometimes shakes my car before starting. I did take it in last week for them to hook up the computer to it and they came back claiming nothing is wrong, however I am not convienced that is the case.

My uncle is a mechanic and he says that isn't normal and my brother has a 07 altima that has a push button start and his doesn't do that. I have a call and email into the sales manager again to have them look at it and also for me to test other altimas... something isn't right... can anyone give me some advice?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

Make sure your foot in firmly on the brake.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
kelleeann15

I have... i have done a variation with it. Where I make it a point my foot is pressed all the way on the brake, and I have also made it a point that I am pressed on the brake but not a lot of pressure and it still does the same thing.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

Have them check your brake light switch.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
kelleeann15

Ok.. will do thank you. :)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
mertg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleeann15 View Post
Has anyone ever had issues with your push button start hesititating before it actually starts? I got my car on March 13th, 2010 and it hesitated the day I got it, but the sales man ignored it and since I had never had a push button start before I didn't think twice. However I took it back the next day and the sales manager tried it and it started right up.

However it keeps hesitating at times sometimes shakes my car before starting. I did take it in last week for them to hook up the computer to it and they came back claiming nothing is wrong, however I am not convienced that is the case.

My uncle is a mechanic and he says that isn't normal and my brother has a 07 altima that has a push button start and his doesn't do that. I have a call and email into the sales manager again to have them look at it and also for me to test other altimas... something isn't right... can anyone give me some advice?
kelleann15 - same problem, we got a new 2010 in october: since the end of November this has happened seven times, and we have required road service on three occasions. Nissan dealership and national have been useless.... They replaced the brake switch, then a few more parts. Now each time it happens they just drive it in circles and say they can't find anything wrong... Did you ever get your situation resolved?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 AM
kelleeann15

Mertg: It took me several months but I finally found a dealership in Manassas, VA (Sheehy Nissan) that new exactly what the problem was... it is the fuel injection that is connected to the push start button. It wasn't getting enough fuel to keep it going properly. Try that out. I even wrote a letter to the headquarters letting them know how the dealership that I bought my car was (no help) and that I had to do the leg work myself on finding someone that would listen to me. Have them hook the car up to the fuel injection machine over night and see what the reading is...they should find that the car is not getting enough gas pumped in. If you need more information let me know..I will be happy to give it or even have you talk to the guy who fixed my car and knows about the issue.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

There is a service bulletin for no crank / no start problem when pressing the push-button ignition switch and applying the brake pedal.

NTB10-139

2010 Nissan Altima Service Bulletins
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 AM
2010 Altima

Default can't press brake pedal

my problem seems to be a variation of this - sometimes the car won't start because I can't press the brake pedal far enough to trip the brake light switch - there doesn't seem to be any reason - it's happened morning and night - cooler weather and not - home and away - car is always parked level - the solution previously was to let it sit for about a day and then it's ok again until the next random time - one time I was able to get it to start by taking it out of park and back - intelligent key isn't so much when the brakes are locked up... help?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:25 PM
2010 Maxima

Default 2010 Maxima Starting Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleeann15 View Post
Mertg: It took me several months but I finally found a dealership in Manassas, VA (Sheehy Nissan) that new exactly what the problem was... it is the fuel injection that is connected to the push start button. It wasn't getting enough fuel to keep it going properly. Try that out. I even wrote a letter to the headquarters letting them know how the dealership that I bought my car was (no help) and that I had to do the leg work myself on finding someone that would listen to me. Have them hook the car up to the fuel injection machine over night and see what the reading is...they should find that the car is not getting enough gas pumped in. If you need more information let me know..I will be happy to give it or even have you talk to the guy who fixed my car and knows about the issue.
Hi I am having the same problem with my car. Do you know the actual part(s) they replaced? Or can I get some info from your repair? Thanks

Tags
2010, altima, nissan, push, start