Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Altima - All Weather Floor Mats Forums > > 2004 Altima - All Weather Floor Mats 2004 Altima - All Weather Floor Mats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

Default 2004 Altima - All Weather Floor Mats

I ordered a set of all weather (black rubber) floor mats from Nissan for my 2004 Altima. The fronts are shaped exactly like the original factory carpet mats, and the driver's side snaps in the retainer plug also. Nice fit on the fronts.

But the rear all weather mats are cut differently than the original carpet rear mats. The rubber mats fit, but they don't cover the whole area towards the front of the floor board like the original rubber mats. The front cornes of the floor are not coverd very much at all.

Did I get the right mat set (p/n 999E1-UN000)? Anyone else notice this if you got a set of the rubber all weather mats from Nissan? Just wondering if this is normal, or if maybe I got the wrong set or maybe the cut was changed down the line on these mats.

Last edited by Altima SSS; 02-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

i dont know i have some of them palstic carpets protectors form this site and they work great actually the back are lil oversized but still work. i dont think its just you, but im sure u can call the comapny and ask, my friend bought some mats too and the fronts fit well and cover everything but the back were pretty small and didnt cover alot.if u dont ,like it see if u can take it back, u say u got them from the deler? go back and ask them then

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

Yes, I'll proably ask the dealer ... but I was thinking maybe someone else who owns a 02-06 Altima might have bought all weather mats from Nissan and wanted their experience too. Can't beat first hand experience, and I've come to find that the dealer is not always right when you ask them quesions. Besides, if I had to call the dealer on everything I needed to find out info about, there wouldn't be need for this chat board.

I probably will not take them back, as the fronts fit like they should. Maybe Nissan uses a "universal" size/shape for the rears so they can be used in a number of models, and only cut the fronts to fit exact.

Last edited by Altima SSS; 02-08-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima SSS View Post
Yes, I'll proably ask the dealer ... but I was thinking maybe someone else who owns a 02-06 Altima might have bought all weather mats from Nissan and wanted their experience too. Can't beat first hand experience, and I've come to find that the dealer is not always right when you ask them quesions.
I probably will not take them back, as the fronts fit like they should. Maybe Nissan uses a "universal" size/shape for the rears so they can be used in a number of models, and only cut the fronts to fit exact.

yeah u will see that once u use them more and more. even the parts guy at the dealer i use is a nightmare to use and sometime i wish i could jump over the counter and find my own part.this is not the same case everywhere but the best thing is if u do find someone that knows what they are doing or is knowledgeble befriend them. the only guy that i know and helps me out is the body shop guy, who is pretty col and helped me out alot with paint and body stuff
Old 02-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Altima

The Rear Winter Mats are smaller than the Original Mats. They are 20 1/4" wide X 19 5/8" long. And 11 3/4" centered across the front w/ the cuts on both sides. The Original Carpet Mats only have the cuts on the front/outside edge
gw11

Last edited by gw11; 02-09-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw11 View Post
The Rear Winter Mats are smaller than the Original Mats. They are 20 1/4" wide X 19 5/8" long. And 11 3/4" centered across the front w/ the cuts on both sides. The Original Carpet Mats only have the cuts on the front/outside edge.
Yep, that's exactly what I got too with the rubber all weather mat set. I figure Nissan must use the rears on other cars too, so that means they only need to specially cut the front mats for specific model applications. Probably a cost cutting ploy on Nissans part.

Thanks for the info gw11 ... just wanted to confirm I got the right set.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Altima

Glad I could help.
I agree! They most have saved on the second mold for the rear. Instead of one Right and one Left it's one fits both.

Luckily I'm the only person it my car, so I only use the drivers mat.

gw11

Tags
2004, altima, floor, mats, weather