Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 Altima Hybrid will not start Forums > > 2008 Altima Hybrid will not start 2008 Altima Hybrid will not start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 06:23 AM
2008 Altima Hybrid

Default 2008 Altima Hybrid will not start

Last week my service engine lights, VDC, and Hybrid system warning came up on 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid . The next day all the errors were cleared and everything seemed to be normal. Next morning the car will not start. Someone suggested I replaced the brake switch, which I did but the problem still not resolved. When I press the brake and push the start button all the dashboard light illuminate and the switch goes to the ON position. PRESS Brake sign stays on and the car do not go to the ready state. Any assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:57 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

First, you don't fix problems by simply erasing error codes. They're there to point you in the direction of what may be the problem. What you should have done is Scan computer for error codes. I'm sure the trouble code(s) are back even if car doesn't start. Get a code reader or a mobile mechanic to scan it. Write down the error codes and you can post them on this site. A no start condition can be as simple as a dead battery, or ignition components such as ig. relay, ig. switch, fuse, fuel delivery or circuit, starter, crank sensor, or can be pesky like electrical shorts, etc., etc.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:15 AM
2008 Altima Hybrid

Default Nissan Altima hybrid 2008 light on

I tried getting error codes but nothing showed up. So finally I towed my car to the mechanic he was able to get it started (he told me the orange switch in the truck was loose). The good news is my car drives, but all the lights are on (service engine lights, VDC, and Hybrid system). The lights sometimes miraculously disappear and then comes back. When the lights are ON the car does not go the the EV mode and engine remain running. I will try going back to the mechanic and try to run the scan and see if I can get some codes.

Last edited by khurshid; 07-17-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:04 PM
2009 Altima Hybrid
2013 Leaf

Did you ever solve the problem? I'm having similar problems with my 09
Old 12-04-2018, 04:04 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian94580 View Post
Did you ever solve the problem? I'm having similar problems with my 09
Does the engine crank and not start or does the ignition not go to ready mode?

Tags
2008 altima, altima, hybrid, hybrid cars, start