Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Replace Auto Shift Cable problem Forums > > Replace Auto Shift Cable problem Replace Auto Shift Cable problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 PM
2009 Altima Hybrid

Default Replace Auto Shift Cable problem

The Shift Cable on my 2009 Altima Hybrid Broke right at the Transmission.
Got the console out no problem and I was able to remove the HV ECU following HBC-644 in the service manual. Pull out the HV ECU to RH side, If necessary, remove the screws and HV ECU brackets from the HV ECU.
The 4 screws and pulling out the HV ECU to the right was pretty easy, but in order to get to the 2 screws I have to remove the HV ECU mounting bracket over the Shift cable where it goes through the floor of the car so I can get to the cover screws. The bracket had 2 screws under the HV ECU that I got out, but it looks like there are 2 screws at the top into the firewall. I can get my hand in enough to feel the heads but there is not enough room to remove them.
The service manuals ?If necessary, remove the screws and HV ECU brackets from the
HV ECU" is not very helpful. I've attached a couple of pictures. Anyone have any thought so I don't have to pull dash out?
Attached Thumbnails
Replace Auto Shift Cable problem-drivers-side-jpg   Replace Auto Shift Cable problem-passenger-side-jpg  
Old 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast
2011 Versa
2017 Altima SE-R

Are you sure the cable doesn't just go straight through the firewall right there where you last see it? My reasoning is that it must be doable, the service manual will definitely tell you dash comes out if that is really needed.

Tags
auto, cable, problem, replace, shift