Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'12 Altima weird radio LED/info display issue Forums > > '12 Altima weird radio LED/info display issue '12 Altima weird radio LED/info display issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 AM
2012 Altima

Default '12 Altima weird radio LED/info display issue

Hello,

Have a question perhaps someone can help with. I apologize in advance for the long post.

Yesterday while driving, my '12 3.5 SR stock non-Bose radio display went weird. Stations still worked, but the display pixels were erratic, as if the LED display was going or it was remembering old display info. Swapping though AUX, FM, AM didn't make a difference. However, the speakers and antenna were perfect. The upper display of the screen still had the clock looking normal. Also never lost radio presets.

No engine lights, charging lights, no warning notifications came on. Turning the radio off did not fix it.

When I got to work, I turned the car off. Turning it back on fixed it, and it is still fine now. However, I noticed that the "Time" traveled on the info display reset when the display went weird, and the "Miles driven" (not tripometer) reset when I turned the car back on.

As of now, everything is fine and maintains memory.

I am guessing that it was a glitch. I did remove any phone chargers, etc in case it may have overloaded something. The battery acc 10A fuse is fine. In fact all electronics are fine. I was going to check my battery to see if it's going. Or maybe faulty radio causing a hiccup with the info display?

Dealer said without a code or even a charging light, not much to do.

Anyone have anything similar? Or any thoughts on if this is something more serious, or a way to diagnose/fix?

Thanks

Tags
display, radio, fine, info, weird, battery, back, reset, car, turning, turned, charging, lights, chargers, case, overloaded, altima, fact, fuse, 10a, acc, led/info, remove, driven, tripometer